SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:25 am

Can someone help me with step by step conversion of smf to phpbb. I am not a coder but know little basics. Managed to convert smf to elkarte. But i would like to convert it to phpbb from smf.
Thanks in advance! :)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am

i have installed phpbb with same database now how do i convert it to smf?

User avatar
AmigoJack
Registered User
Posts: 5263
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am
Location: グリーン ヒル ゾーン
Contact:

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by AmigoJack » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 am

The worst thing about censorship is ███████████

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by warmweer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 am

jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am
i have installed phpbb with same database now how do i convert it to smf?
I take it that you actually want to convert from SMF to phpBB (as you stated in the opening post).
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 am

warmweer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 am
jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am
i have installed phpbb with same database now how do i convert it to smf?
I take it that you actually want to convert from SMF to phpBB (as you stated in the opening post).
yes i want to convert to phpbb from smf. i have used viewtopic.php?f=561&t=2441356 tool but i am facing errors while converting.

Code: Select all

The convertor was not able to find tables with the specified prefix. Please make sure you have entered the correct details for the board you are converting from. The default table prefix for Simple Machines Forum 2.0.x is smf_.PREFIX_FOUND

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by warmweer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 am

jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 am
...

Code: Select all

The convertor was not able to find tables with the specified prefix. Please make sure you have entered the correct details for the board you are converting from. The default table prefix for Simple Machines Forum 2.0.x is smf_.PREFIX_FOUND
What's the prefix for the smf tables in your SMF database?
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am

warmweer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 am
jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 am
...

Code: Select all

The convertor was not able to find tables with the specified prefix. Please make sure you have entered the correct details for the board you are converting from. The default table prefix for Simple Machines Forum 2.0.x is smf_.PREFIX_FOUND
What's the prefix for the smf tables in your SMF database?
thanks managed to convert using smf prefix that i found from phpmyadmin.

but now facing below error:

Code: Select all

Okay faithful users...we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...news will be posted once we're back!

User avatar
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 68148
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 am
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by KevC » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:20 am

I assume that's a message you entered once when you disabled your board.

It could well be in
general > board settings
Disable board/disabled board message
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Image
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by warmweer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 am

That seems like a message from the SMF forum stating that the board is offline while the admin is doing somethng with the board.

Just a note. There is a subforum specifically for conversions from other forumsoftware.: viewforum.php?f=561
edit: ow, I see you've posted there also.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am

KevC wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:20 am
I assume that's a message you entered once when you disabled your board.

It could well be in
general > board settings
Disable board/disabled board message
unable to go inside board to change board settings. there were error messages while converting from smf. I believe no members is imported. what should i do?

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 am

when trying to login to my forum below error occurs:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_pass_convert' in 'field list' [1054]

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by warmweer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am

jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am
unable to go inside board to change board settings. there were error messages while converting from smf. I believe no members is imported. what should i do?
Ow, I only noticed now that you are converting SMF 2.0.15 directly to phpBB 3.2.2.
As far as I know there is no convertor which can do this directly.
You would have to look for a convertor which can convert to phpBB 3.0.x (perhaps 3.1.x) !! (read note) !! and then upgrade from phpBB 3.x.x to 3.2.1
Note that I wrote 3.2.1 (on purpose) because there are a few problems with 3.2.2 and a conversion probably won't be perfect and may cause extra conflicts in 3.2.2 (which may not be easy to solve at this time).

!! (note) !!: immediately after the conversion; before any further update/upgrade - be sure to check the functioning of the board and solve any errors (which will propagate and will make probably make it worse in later versions).
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

warmweer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am
jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am
unable to go inside board to change board settings. there were error messages while converting from smf. I believe no members is imported. what should i do?
Ow, I only noticed now that you are converting SMF 2.0.15 directly to phpBB 3.2.2.
As far as I know there is no convertor which can do this directly.
You would have to look for a convertor which can convert to phpBB 3.0.x (perhaps 3.1.x) !! (read note) !! and then upgrade from phpBB 3.x.x to 3.2.1
Note that I wrote 3.2.1 (on purpose) because there are a few problems with 3.2.2 and a conversion probably won't be perfect and may cause extra conflicts in 3.2.2 (which may not be easy to solve at this time).

!! (note) !!: immediately after the conversion; before any further update/upgrade - be sure to check the functioning of the board and solve any errors (which will propagate and will make probably make it worse in later versions).
Can you provide me link of working converter?

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by warmweer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 pm

jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm
...
Can you provide me link of working converter?
nope, I've never converted.
Just read through the topics here to find a working converter to any version of phpBB (try Google search also). If you can convert to 3.0 or 3.1, accept that with a smile, upgrading to 3.2.x is fairly straightforward then.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
jmex
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

Re: SMF 2.0.15 to phpbb 3.2.2 conversion

Post by jmex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 pm

warmweer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 pm
jmex wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm
...
Can you provide me link of working converter?
nope, I've never converted.
Just read through the topics here to find a working converter to any version of phpBB (try Google search also). If you can convert to 3.0 or 3.1, accept that with a smile, upgrading to 3.2.x is fairly straightforward then.
atleast you can tell me where i can download 3.0 file so that i can install it first.

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests