Convert 2.0.22 -> 3.2.2 failing [SOLVED]

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Convert 2.0.22 -> 3.2.2 failing

Post by Kailey »

Please keep in mind that we have a six hour bumping rule. All team members and community members here are volunteers, so we ask you to wait at least six hours before bumping your topic or, if no-one has replied to your last post, edit your last post. Thanks!
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
RobertWebb

Post by RobertWebb »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:05 pm You can try to make a new admin account:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2437826#p14820691
I tried that, but still couldn't log in with the new account.

Then I tried another machine, and found that I CAN log in on another machine, with either the temporary admin account (now deleted) or my original admin account. This has allowed me to enable the board at least.

So it seems this is specific to one machine. Is it possible that if I was logged in to my old forum when I did the conversion, that it could now be stuck thinking I'm still half logged in or something? Even with the board enabled I still can't log in on this machine.

I also can't register a new account on this machine. It keeps saying "The confirmation code you entered was incorrect", even when I'm sure it's right. Tried on another machine and it worked straight away. So it's all about this machine. Some setting that's got stuck maybe?

I tried truncating the phpbb_sessions table, but it didn't change anything.

Now that the board's enabled, the behaviour is as follows:
  • On other (good) machine, click login, enter details, takes me to the forum boards, and shows my username in top right corner.
  • On main (bad) machine, click login, enter details, takes me to the forum boards, but shows login link in top right corner.
I put in some diagnostics, and both machines seem to log in OK to begin with. In the login_box() function, status is LOGIN_SUCCESS, $user->data['is_registered'] is true, $auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') is true, the username & password are correct. This is in the if ($result['status'] == LOGIN_SUCCESS) branch, just before it redirects back to the main page. So I guess after that it is logging me out again for some reason.

I'm stuck again, any ideas? How can I hack the PHP code to track this down?
kinerity wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm Please keep in mind that we have a six hour bumping rule.
OK sorry, was unaware, will avoid that in the future.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

sounds like the machine you cant login with needs to have the cache/cookies cleared for your board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
RobertWebb

Post by RobertWebb »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 am sounds like the machine you cant login with needs to have the cache/cookies cleared for your board.
I had done this earlier, but I just tried again. Deleted everything in /cache/ other than .htaccess & index.htm, and clicked on "Delete all board cookies". Alas hasn't made a difference. When I try to log in, it still just goes back to the main page with the "login" link in the corner instead of my username.

What else can I clear? Is there something in the database maybe?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Did you clear the cache from your browser?

Using a other browser is also a good method.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
david63

Post by david63 »

RobertWebb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 am What else can I clear
Physically make sure the cookies have been removed from your browser and do a reload of your browser (ctrl + f5 for most_.

I would also try using another browser on that machine
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
RobertWebb

Post by RobertWebb »

david63 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:03 amPhysically make sure the cookies have been removed from your browser and do a reload of your browser (ctrl + f5 for most_.
SOLVED! Yeah I just clicked on the forum link to delete cookies, but deleting them via the browser options worked. I can finally log in! Awesome, many thanks.

Got to wonder what the root problem was. I tried this months ago and gave up, and also tried it multiple times recently. Each time, I could log in before the conversion from phpbb 2.0.22, but not after. Surely there's a bug here somewhere.

Thanks everyone!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Yes probably in the browser. Cache/cookies can cause minor hiccups from time to time.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”