Xenforo 2 to phpbb converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Maks33

Xenforo 2 to phpbb converter

Post by Maks33 »

Is there a converter available for xf2 to phpbb?

I run a decent sized forum with about 50k posts and custom attachment mod. Do the available converters import attachments or just posts/threads?

I tried to google but i can't find any converters at all for xf to phpbb! :x
Last edited by Maks33 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Xenforo 2 to phpbb converter

Post by Mick »

Have a look at viewtopic.php?p=13342078#p13342078

You’ll probably have to convert to 3.0 first then upgrade, check the reading material in the package. I’m assuming that attachments get converted as well as posts and topics (there are no threads with phpBB, they’re topics) but I’m guessing as I’ve never done it. Try it on a local server first.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Maks33

Post by Maks33 »

Mick wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:59 pm Have a look at viewtopic.php?p=13342078#p13342078

You’ll probably have to convert to 3.0 first then upgrade, check the reading material in the package. I’m assuming that attachments get converted as well as posts and topics (there are no threads with phpBB, they’re topics) but I’m guessing as I’ve never done it. Try it on a local server first.
Came across that but it says for xf 1.1. XF 2 is a lot different than xf1 so i am not sure if it will even work. Will give it a try though.

Is there a for hire section? i wouldn't mind hiring someone and have them fix the existing converters or make new one.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

It's not allowed to hire through this board. However, there are plenty of reputable people around here. We suggest you take a look at the signatures of prominent team or community members who offer their services and send these people a private message. Or we can help you in the support forums, for free!
Maks33

Post by Maks33 »

Met with an error immediately. Wasn't expecting it to work anyway.

I guess i have to hire someone to do the conversion.

I think phpbb team needs to address this issue. There are no converters available at all for any of the new versions of any forum software (IPB, mybb, xf etc.). I don't imagine it will be time consuming for phpbb team since they know the db structure of phpbb well and knowing other forum software shouldn't take too long, at least update or release for the most popular forum software such as xf, ipb.

I have been searching all day trying to find a conversion path that i can use, ipb offers xf to ipb conversion but there is no ipb to phpbb. Same way with other forum software, there is no way to come back to phpbb from those because every converter on phpbb is outdated.

I have a programming background and i don't understand why there isn't one available since it's not hard but just boring to do and a bit time-consuming. If phpbb was my project, i would keep the converters up to date because people are wanting to come back to my software.

I really think it will benefit a lot of people. Just update one of the converter, IPB is pretty spot on with their converters so if there is a ipb to phpbb converter, a lot of people could convert to ipb then back to phpbb.

I converted from phpbb to xenforo a few months back and it was so smooth and easy, now i want to come back and it seems impossible without wasting a lot of money.
captainmatt29

Post by captainmatt29 »

I too want to move away from XF to PHPBB and cannot find a converter !

Xenforo has become a huge waste of money and I dont want to have to create all the posts over again and alter the thread owners etc all the time unless I absolutely have to.

Their plugins all cost upwards of £30 GBP the same for their styles and it's extremely difficult to get any support so please if someone has as converter for XF2.0 to PHPBB Please let me know :cry:
zeus77

Post by zeus77 »

same, i want to move to phpbb
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

zeus77 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:28 pm same, i want to move to phpbb
Brf wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:19 pm It's not allowed to hire through this board. However, there are plenty of reputable people around here. We suggest you take a look at the signatures of prominent team or community members who offer their services and send these people a private message. Or we can help you in the support forums, for free!
This is outdated now as there is the Wanted! forum
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

warmweer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:25 pm This is outdated
Indeed, but so is this topic since it predates that forum's creation.

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”