Migration from VBulletin 4.2

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Gromit_

Migration from VBulletin 4.2

Post by Gromit_ »

Hi, I just migrated from Vbulletin 4.2 to phpBB 3.0.11 (with this module : viewtopic.php?p=13252438#p13252438).
And before upgrading to the 3.2 (following this subject : viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2480631), I wanted to check something.

The migration is not complete, all the attachements files are not accessible, I get this message :
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
On VBulletin, the attachement files are inside a folder (not the database, and I didn't succed to put the attachment files inside the database.

Viewing this I wanted to know :

* how do I tell phpBB to look for the attachement files inside the folder that VBulletin used ?
* do I do this before or after the upgrading to 3.2 ?
janus_zonstraal

Re: Migration from VBulletin 4.2

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Look in ACP=>> postings => Attachments settings =>

Upload directory:
Storage path for attachments. Please note that if you change this directory while already having uploaded attachments you need to manually copy the files to their new location.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Gromit_

Post by Gromit_ »

Thank you, I tried it, but I've got the same message. When I check into 'orphaned attachements', nothing appears.
I'm wondering : if I copy/past the attachements to a new folder, like you seem to suggest :
Upload directory:
Storage path for attachments. Please note that if you change this directory while already having uploaded attachments you need to manually copy the files to their new location.
Would it work ? I mean, how phpBB will link the attachement in a message to the right attachement in the new folder ?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Of course there must be a link from your post (In de database) to the file.
Can you tell if there is a link now and where it gos's?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Gromit_

Post by Gromit_ »

Hi, the path I put in the admin panel is : ../documents (where the attachments files are for vBulletin). Because, for now, the phpbb folder is inside the vBulletin folder. So the folder where the attachements files are at the root of vBulletin and by consequence in the parent directory of phpBB folder.

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”