Reconnecting orphaned replies

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
kswift

Reconnecting orphaned replies

Post by kswift »

Last week I have finally re-imported my forum which has been around since the year 2000 into phpBB 3.2.1 (and then upgraded it to 3.2.2).

Doing so, it seems like all replies got orphaned; they don't belong to a topic anymore.

From looking at the database in phpMyAdmin I couldn't immediately see what are the essential tables that link the posts to a topic, and whether there's a way to restore the link, any clues?

(I based my import on this code).
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Reconnecting orphaned replies

Post by Brf »

There are no "required tables" as such. The "posts" table has a "topic" column, and the "topics" table has a "forum" column. That is what connects them together.
kswift

Re: Reconnecting orphaned replies

Post by kswift »

Thanks! That's helpful.

I have checked in the posts table in phpMyAdmin and found that all the imported replies have the same number in post_id and topic_id.

Looks, then, as if the import script didn't correctly store (or 'translate') the topic_id.

I'd think my best bet is to try and fix the import rather than trying to re-attach those replies manually.

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”