I have a forum which is using SMF script and I wanted to convert it to phpBB. I have 4786 Posts in 1592 Topics by 1116 Members.
Forum URL is: https://www.mobilefun.pk/forum/index.php
I know all the members and posts will be there and there will be no data loss, but I am more concerned about the settings, so I wanted to know a few things before I start.
- What will be the new URLs? I am not using SE or User-friendly URLs, my forum URLs are simple like /forum/index.php?topic=2545 (an example). Will all these URLs remain the same, or will these URL changed?
- Will there be any effect on my current search engine rankings?
- What would be the effect on the member group settings? I have different member groups and different settings for them. For example, the basic group can't post in the forum without approval from moderators until 6 posts. New members can't share a URL to any site until they reach to 20 approved posts. Etc Etc.... Will these settings remain the same? Or do I need to make these settings again?
- Deleted posts: I have a board, which is used to collect the deleted posts. For example if a forum moderator deletes a post, that post will not get deleted, instead, it will move to a board called "Deleted Posts". This board is only visible to me and from there I can either restore a post or can delete that post permanently. Do I need to implement these settings again or will it keep working on phpBB?
- I am using a mod on SMF called Simple Portal which is used to use a sidebar, to show different widgets like in WordPress and to put ads on the top of the boards. Will I get any mod like this in phpBB or will I lost that functionality?