Mick, you continue to provide valuable information, THANK YOU!
And your up at very very early hours of the day. Interesting, I am as well. Started on the board issues at 2:00 AM
1. Apparently the backups I made of the original DB are not all the same. Some are missing tables. Why, who knows, I used the check all button and selected export.
2. Using localhost I was able to create a working board using phpBB 3.2.5 and the default DB.
3. Importing, via BigDump, a good backup (but missing tables) the board almost works. I replaced the missing tables from another backup (phpbb_config_text & phpbb_login_attempts). On launching the board there was an error indicating a missing file: C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\styles\all\template\confirm_body.html. The file actually isn't there. There is only 1 file in the template folder, feed.xml.twig. I copied the template files from Prosliver into the C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\styles\all\template folder. This allowed the board to launch but without a css link. So, no styling. Though, all of the topics, posts, users are there! Huzza!!
4. I made incremental backups. I imported to host server the DB and using FTP I uploaded the phpBB files. The board works well with the default DB though I haven't imported the actual DB yet.
5. I imported the full backup with all of the data to the localhost. Found that the main user (founder) is now missing. All other users are there, go figure. I tried to insert a new user by viewing and duplicating the data from a backup DB only to have errors. I then copied an existing user and inserted it. The duplicated user is working (I changed the user name). Upon editing the user I get stopped at the password, an error displays, see image:
To be clear and this is important, at the host server I have the default DB and phpBB 3.2.5 working (this is the DB when initially installing phpBB)
AND on the localhost I have the full forum backup DB installed and phpBB 3.2.5. Working though no css.
I copied the password from the default DB on the host server to the DB on localhost running the full DB. When I pasted the password into the localhost DB an error indicates it is truncated. As you can see above it is truncated. I do notice that all other passwords in the table take up only one line. I tried changing the password to a shorter one and copied that, same error and it takes two lines. How to get passed this?
Sum it up: New challenges, activate Prosliver to solve "?" the "css" link. Find a way around the password issue.
Reaching out, any thoughts?
P.S. I have been working on this since 2 AM and plan on continuing the rest of the day and night.
******************** up date ********************************* up date ********************************** up date **********************
In reading about Prosliver it is the default theme. Launching the board from the host server I do get a working board with Prosliver theme.
On the localhost it also had the theme when running the default DB with phpBB 3.2.5. I then imported via BigDump the actual SQL backup. After renaming the install file, I launched phpBB and the board started but no css link. All the topics, posts, users... are there.
Just now, success Prosliver. After reading about the issue in the community forum and then looking at the different html files in notepad++ I found where the link to the css was located. The HTML coding indicates the css files are to be in .../styles/theme/. The folder Styles only had the sub folders All and Prosliver. After copying the folder theme to the Styles folder, Prosliver was active.
With the board showing in Prosliver theme I clicked on Register and the following error message displayed:
Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent service "5". in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ContainerBuilder.php:809 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ContainerBuilder.php(455): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('5') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\phpbb\di\service_collection.php(72): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('5') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\phpbb\profilefields\manager.php(139): phpbb\di\service_collection->offsetGet('5') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\includes\ucp\ucp_register.php(659): phpbb\profilefields\manager->generate_profile_fields('register', 1) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\includes\functions_module.php(676): ucp_register->main('register', NULL) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\includes\functions_module.php(998): p_master->load_active(false) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\ucp.php(76): p_master->load('ucp', 'ucp_register in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ContainerBuilder.php on line 809
Any seen this before? I'm trying to look up the errors and see if I can find a solution. And the day trudges on!