Keep each user's language preference after upgrade to 3.2

Having a question about translating phpBB 3.2? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB 3.2? Here would be the correct place to do so.
stevenospam

Keep each user's language preference after upgrade to 3.2

Post by stevenospam »

I'm running 3.0 and plan to upgrade to 3.2 Rhea. I understand the upgrade process and that the mods will be lost. On my board some users use British English and others prefer Spanish. My understanding of the preinstall tasks is that I should delete all language packs except British English. If I do that, will the users who have selected Spanish as their language preference have to reselect Spanish the first time they signon after the 3.2 upgrade? If so, is there any way to avoid this?
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Re: Keep each user's language preference after upgrade to 3.2

Post by Crizzo »

stevenospam wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pm If I do that, will the users who have selected Spanish as their language preference have to reselect Spanish the first time they signon after the 3.2 upgrade?
Yes, they would have to change this setting again.
stevenospam wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pmIf so, is there any way to avoid this?
Just do not uninstall the language packs before the upgrade, but make sure, that you have the spanish language ready during update process and after it.
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Keep each user's language preference after upgrade to 3.2

Post by 3Di »

User preferences will be not changed AFAIK if you set to EN (british english) the board's default language.
Doing that the DB will be aware of that.

And, It depends on HOW you planned to upgrade...
In case of total files replacement, then you just have to upload into the relative language folder the new 3.2's Spanish language pack(s) and go to with the 3.2.x DB installer.

You are running 3.0, you might need to clean up the DB from MODs, if any, before to upgrade.
Just use the STK in case.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “[3.2.x] Translations”