Validation tool

Having a question about translating phpBB 3.2? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB 3.2? Here would be the correct place to do so.
koraldon

Validation tool

Post by koraldon »

Hi,
I have seen there is a validation tool to find missing keys - however it is on GitHub and it seems very complicated to install. I'm not a programmer :(
I would suggest to have the validation tool to be available on phpbb website, maybe as part of the submission process. A good translator needs to understand English and the local language - not how to install/use scripts... currently it seems too complicated :(
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Validation tool

Post by RMcGirr83 »

And the validation tool would be what?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Uploads on phpBB for lang files are checked for validation using that tool I believe.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

koraldon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm Hi,
I have seen there is a validation tool to find missing keys - however it is on GitHub and it seems very complicated to install. I'm not a programmer :(
I would suggest to have the validation tool to be available on phpbb website, maybe as part of the submission process. A good translator needs to understand English and the local language - not how to install/use scripts... currently it seems too complicated :(
Hi,

we have a validation tool here: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-translation-validator

And a packaged version ready for running on Linux/Windows etc. for our Translators (just with prepared directories for the phpBB-versions 3.1 and 3.2). Everyone who contributes to the CDB or is a Co-Author to the available language packages here: https://www.phpbb.com/languages/ has access to this package and can use it "offline" on his computer. The github version can be integrated into every translation repository.

So if you are a Author or Co-Author of a language package, please tell this to me and I'll add you to the group to give you further information.

If not, for what reason do you need to use this tool at all?

To use the github version, all you need to do is written in the readme.md: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-translat ... /README.md

Where exactly do you have a problem or where do you fail with executing it?

Regards
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

Return to “[3.2.x] Translations”