"User’s activity post limit" - Not found in documentation 3.2.x

Having a question about translating phpBB 3.2? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB 3.2? Here would be the correct place to do so.
mdkdio

"User’s activity post limit" - Not found in documentation 3.2.x

Post by mdkdio »

Evening folks!

Found missing translation for "User’s activity post limit" in my Swedish language file + English language was not used instead for Swedish.
It was just showing "LOAD_USER_ACTIVITY_LIMIT" and did not include the "LOAD_USER_ACTIVITY_LIMIT_EXPLAIN" at all.

Got that sorted, but wanted to know the exact meaning of this before attempting to translate it to Swedish.

Code: Select all

'LOAD_USER_ACTIVITY_LIMIT'		=> 'User’s activity post limit',
	'LOAD_USER_ACTIVITY_LIMIT_EXPLAIN'	=> 'The active topic/forum won’t be shown for users having more than this number of posts. Set to 0 to disable the limit.',
Am I understanding this correctly if I assume this being the total number of posts a user has?
Default seems to be set to 5000 btw

I simply can't wrap my head around this. So if someone could enlighten me a bit, I would be much appreciated :)
Thanks in advance!

Edit:
The documentation for 3.2 seems to be missing this as well (PDF file), so no help there...

/mdkdio
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: "User’s activity post limit" - Not found in documentation 3.2.x

Post by canonknipser »

That number prevents links to active topics / forum show up in the users profile. If a user has more than the specified number of posts, there is no link for "most active forum" / "most active topic":
Screenshot_20180409_075605.png
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
mdkdio

Re: "User’s activity post limit" - Not found in documentation 3.2.x

Post by mdkdio »

Thanks a mill Frank!! for the explanation

/mdkdio

Return to “[3.2.x] Translations”