Fast login on homepage

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
new.new

Fast login on homepage

Post by new.new »

Is it possible to have a fast-login module in the homepage? (instead to have to open the "login" page)

I mean something like the module in this forum: https://forum.audacityteam.org/ , but i would like it in the top instead of in the bottom, something like this:

Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Fast login on homepage

Post by Mannix_ »

Backup then open index_body.html find

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT -->
	<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
	<h3><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a><!-- IF S_REGISTER_ENABLED -->&nbsp; &bull; &nbsp;<a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a><!-- ENDIF --></h3>
		<fieldset class="quick-login">
			<label for="username"><span>{L_USERNAME}{L_COLON}</span> <input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_USERNAME}" /></label>
			<label for="password"><span>{L_PASSWORD}{L_COLON}</span> <input type="password" tabindex="2" name="password" id="password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" autocomplete="off" /></label>
			<!-- IF U_SEND_PASSWORD -->
				<a href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_FORGOT_PASS}</a>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED -->
				<span class="responsive-hide">|</span> <label for="autologin">{L_LOG_ME_IN} <input type="checkbox" tabindex="4" name="autologin" id="autologin" /></label>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" tabindex="5" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
			{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}
		</fieldset>
	</form>
<!-- ENDIF -->
and move it below:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><p class="responsive-center time">{CURRENT_TIME}</p><!-- ENDIF -->
save it upload it purge the cache.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
david63

Post by david63 »

You also might like to try the Quick login extension - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ick_login/
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I hope you're writing down all these code changes you're making as you may well lose them when you update next time.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the login section is already at the bottom of the prosilver index page by default.
if your prosilver does not have it then there is something wrong with your prosilver template file. of course, you have to be logged out to see it. )

also, that site you linked to has a problem because when I visited it, I was logged in already. I have never been to that site before and certainly never registered so I am not sure what is going on with that.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
new.new

Post by new.new »

@Mannix_: your code works great thanks
@KevC: yes, i'm taking note of them
@Lumpy Burgertushie: lol, i'm usually always-logged and i didn't even noticed it! But yes, there was, in the bottom of the page :D

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”