Darksunred 3.0.11

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Lasso

Darksunred 3.0.11

Post by Lasso »

Hi, Someone told me that my board was not supported anymore so I haven't done any update on since 3.0.11 and i need to get my board up to date.
We want to keep everything the same and I just wondering if someone can confirm how i can do these updates so I can keep the same theme on my board.
If anyone can advise,

I think I may have posted this on the wrong topic line sorry cant delete to add to correct one.

Thanks
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Darksunred 3.0.11

Post by JimA »

Well, completely keeping the board unchanged will likely be very difficult. Styles has changed so much between phpBB 3.0 and the versions thereafter that you can't keep the same style.

In upgrading (to 3.1.x, since 3.2 has not been released yet) you would loose all of your modifications and styles. You can take a look through our Styles Database where we have many styles available and I'm sure there are ones available that look like your current style that you can modify. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Lasso

Post by Lasso »

Thanks Jim, it so hard to find one like we currently have but i keep looking, thanks for the info.

could you recommend where i could find a dark theme, you only have 4 on this site that are 3.1 and none of them even look remotely the same the rest of the themes are all 3.0 and there is some there that I like but I cant use them.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

how about a link to your board so we can see what you are working with. I have not seen the Darksunred style anywhere.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Lasso

Post by Lasso »

PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Hi Lasso :)

Given the extent of changes between the 3.0x and 3.2x development branches, styles need to be re-written instead of being upgraded.

It would be better to find a 3.2x style that closely resembles your design, or, attempt to re-colour prosilver 3.2x to look visually similar. Also worth noting that your current style is based on the subsilver style which is no longer supported by phpBB or included in the download file, so it will be difficult to find another table-based layout compatible with 3.2

Sorry this probably isn't the reply you were hoping to receive :(
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

As christian has pointed out subsilver was dropped for endless reasons one major reason for you to do as he has suggested would be it's in no way responsive, and will not work well on other devices.

To help illustrate his second point do not limit yourself to a theme based on color as that's something that we can easily help you fix. For example https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... e/demo/3.2 theme with some minor changes to the underlying CSS using a variant of these guides viewtopic.php?f=591&t=2413816 and viewtopic.php?f=591&t=2426201 should help to edit any part of the theme with ease! it can really get you very close. Then just use your current imageset.
Lasso

Post by Lasso »

ok thank you, looks like i have some work to do to make a forum like we currently have. thanks for you help

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”