How to... topic title next to post reply button

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Satusnovus

How to... topic title next to post reply button

Post by Satusnovus »

I want to change the layout of my community a tiny bit with placing the topic title at the left of the post reply button. I've tried several things but it doesn't work out as I wanted.

Does someone know how I've to edit the viewtopic_body.html to change this? Thanks in advance.

Edit: just a few seconds after posting I realised that it's not usefull to change because in some cases the topic title can be long so it would messup the layout even more.
Satusnovus

Re: How to... topic title next to post reply button

Post by Satusnovus »

I'm still thinking about a solution. Would it be possible that a long title would be split over two lines like:

This topic title is to long
for one line <Reply button>

Short titles would look like:

Short topic title <Reply button>
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

I would suggest using a CSS property - text-overflow.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

it would help if you would provide a concept art and link to your forum
Satusnovus

Post by Satusnovus »

I don't know if it's allowed to post links here but it's just the regular phpbb version and especially the mobile layout.

Now a long topic title is split over 2 lines and right below it the button to post a comment. I want the postbutton right after de topic title and when the title is to long it should be clipped like the example of pit-PL. I've no idea how I can solve that but I would love to reduce all the with space in or just below the header.
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

Move the topic title right below this line - <!-- EVENT viewtopic_buttons_top_before -->
In common.css before h2.solo add

Code: Select all

h2.topic-title a {
	margin: 0 10px 0 0;
	float: left;
	max-width: 250px;
	overflow: hidden;
	white-space: nowrap;
	text-overflow: ellipsis;
}
Purge the board cache.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

Satusnovus wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 7:53 am I don't know if it's allowed to post links here but it's just the regular phpbb version and especially the mobile layout.

Now a long topic title is split over 2 lines and right below it the button to post a comment. I want the postbutton right after de topic title and when the title is to long it should be clipped like the example of pit-PL. I've no idea how I can solve that but I would love to reduce all the with space in or just below the header.
well yes you can and in fact its recommended to post links so that we can better help you! but more importantly a mockup in some sort of graphics program or powerpoint of what you want would help also
Satusnovus

Post by Satusnovus »

Thanks for your replies but after changing I've changed it back because other problems showed up. For now it's the best solution to use the current settings.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”