replacing search bar on top with banner

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
miroslavglavic
Name: Miroslav Glavić

replacing search bar on top with banner

Post by miroslavglavic »

Where 1 is the title/description of the site, where 2 is the search bar and 3 is where I was able to put a 728 x 90 test banner via the overall header html file.

I want to put where 2 is , the search bar, replace it and put a banner...if a 728 x 90 banner is too big, then a 468 x 60 banner will do.

I tried but must be doing something wrong, I found where in the code the search bar, I use the < - - - - > to hide it, however when I attempted to put the banner it went below the phpbb logo like imagine someone put < b r > beside phpbb logo.

So I want Phpbb logo, which later I will replace with my own logo, the title/description then the banner.

It's a simple < a href = link > < img src = imagelink > < / a>.

What am I missing? Last time I wored on phpbb boards was when you had to manual edit files to do modifications., now you put them in an extension folder. So I am a bit rusty.

I have the latest phpbb.

Please help.
New Signature coming soon
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Re: replacing search bar on top with banner

Post by Hanakin »

well the search bar is needed so i would suggest moving it to the navbar, acctually the icon for it is there for mobile anyway in the quicklinks menu, but that takes you to the search page... as for the banner its better to just replace 1 with your banner and set the size of the banner to resize responsively.

If you provide a link to your forum we can provide better help

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”