style inheritance flickering

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Sajaki

style inheritance flickering

Post by Sajaki »

hi,

Has anyone seen a 3.2 style inherited from prosilver shortly show prosilver colors for a microsecond before finally applying the css of the child style ?
In case of 3 levels of inheritance i even get all 2 previous ones to flicker through. this is on localhost with recompile stale = true.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Re: style inheritance flickering

Post by Sniper_E »

My 3.2 custom style inherits from prosilver but only some of prosilver's templates.
It loads all of it's own css files so I get no flicker from it loading prosilver's css files first.

The only time I've seen that flicker you talk about is when I have an extra css file change some css values.
Like with style switcher ext added. Or with a color changer ext. Never with the style.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Hi Andreas,

Interesting. When a style uses 'inheritance', only the template files are inherited. The CSS is loaded from whichever style you're using.

So it sounds like a problem with CSS overrides taking too long to kick in. If you're able to upload your forum to a test server, we'll be able to have a look :)
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

hi ;)
I had this issue with the pbWoW3 Heroes style for 3.2.1 (see here http://www.avathar.be/bbdkp/viewforum.php?f=26), but on a live server it doesn't seem so bad.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”