Different default og:image per forum

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
horseguards
Name: P C

Different default og:image per forum

Post by horseguards »

I have a website about dogs, and over 30 different forums, several about different dog matters (food, health, etc), and then, some more about each of the most popular dog breeds.

I need to know if there's a way to call a different og:image per forum, so the BullTerrier's forum shows, if there's no image in the post, by default, a bull terrier image, etc.

How can I do this?

thanks for your help!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Different default og:image per forum

Post by warmweer »

horseguards wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 pm I have a website about dogs, and over 30 different forums, several about different dog matters (food, health, etc), and then, some more about each of the most popular dog breeds.

I need to know if there's a way to call a different og:image per forum, so the BullTerrier's forum shows, if there's no image in the post, by default, a bull terrier image, etc.

How can I do this?

thanks for your help!
It's not quite clear what you want to achieve. (what's an og:image?)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
horseguards

Post by horseguards »

Open graph
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

is this somehow related to facebook? the only time I have seen og or open graph is when you are trying to send images from your board to facebook or something like that.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
horseguards

Post by horseguards »

Yes, this is the image that Facebook takes every time someone shares a link in Facebook.

Instead of having just one generic image, it would be nice to have one per forum, but I don't know how to do it, or even if it is possible to do it.

Thanks

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”