Simple Qs about header/logo in phpBB 3.2

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
CalumCarlyle

Simple Qs about header/logo in phpBB 3.2

Post by CalumCarlyle »

Hello, i just installed phpBB 3.2 on www.yesbook.scot

Firstly, i'm very sorry to ask such a basic question, i know it's basic, but i have spent hours on it so far and got nowhere, read a good number of instructions in other topics here and as i say, i can't make it work, so here goes.

All i want to do is add my own header image, and my own logo at the top of the site, and they are a different size from the defaults in phpBB, so i need to resize the theme settings to accommodate that.

It would be nice to be able to include facebook and twitter buttons too, perhaps using an image map (this is how i do it for the header on my bandcamp site at www.calumsmusic.com).

Basically, this support board has all those features in place at the top of this board we are using now, and i imagine it should be easy to do, but as i say i can't make it work. It has been about fifteen years since i last ran a phpBB board and many of the howtos i find on the good old web refer to old versions of the board (which isn't that helpful). Also, what little i did know about php and css back then has evaporated into the mists of time so i am basically a beginner.

Any help appreciated, including links to relevant and up to date existing instructions, though as i say what i have found already hasn't been 100% helpful, i tend to find things don't show up or they show up the wrong size. So far the only way i can get my site logo to appear is to make it the same size and name as the existing site_logo.gif (which is a cheat, really) and i can;t get my background image to appear at all.

Thanks in advance.
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Re: Simple Qs about header/logo in phpBB 3.2

Post by mrgoldy »

There are several ways to change your logo for your theme.
Here is a [HOW TO] Change your logo in 3.2.x by stevemaury.
Or you can have a look at this extension, [3.2][RC] Site Logo by david63.
Or you could even ook at the [CDB] Simple Header Banner by HiFiKabin

And the social plugins can be achieved through various ways, but I would suggest to not opt for hard coding it in your style. Cause everytime you update/upgrade to a newer version, you'll have to re-do the changes.
There are various extensions out there that somewhat do what you're after.
- Share On
- [3.1][3.2][RC] Header Links
- [3.1][3.2][DEV] Stick Menu (still in development)

I hope that's something you're after.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
CalumCarlyle

Re: Simple Qs about header/logo in phpBB 3.2

Post by CalumCarlyle »

Thats awesome, thanks for taking the time to give me those links all in one place. I'll have a read through and see how i get on. :-)

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”