Modifying forum icons (read / unread)

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Iulyyy

Modifying forum icons (read / unread)

Post by Iulyyy »

Hello ! I want to modify the forum icons (Forum read , Forum unread) etc. but I don't know how to do it.. i looked into images but the forum images from there are diferrent than the website.
My forum is: www.diavola.ro/forum
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Modifying forum icons (read / unread)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

those are not images. you would need to know a bit about css and icons etc. to make changes.

personally, I don't think it is worth all the trouble.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

first some vocabulary...an icon refers to the 16px or so pictograms spidered through the software UI, all of these are handled currently via fontawsome through the use on html/css and are not images...then you have imagsets these are the images next to forum and topic rows to indicate wheater its a forum or a forum with subforums, wheater all have been read or not, or the type of topic ie announcment, sticky, etc...These are currently handled via css background images and can be found in the styles images folder.

This will all change in version 3.3 and will be much easier to manage and change at that time in a standard way. Now that that is out of the which are you looking to change pls provide screencaps!
Iulyyy

Post by Iulyyy »

Sorry for my bad English !!
https://i.imgur.com/5ada79P.png

Yellow square --> I want to modify that one with my images (read/unread) etc.
Green square --> I saw on another theme there is a green "+" i think it appears there only if there's any unread posts in that forum. I want to add that green plus there. ( + )
Red square --> I want to modify that from "3 days ago" to appear the exactly time like "08.02.2018 , 10:32"
Lumpy Burgertushie

in this case they are not images.

this css is what controls that icon ( in this case it is called an icon I believe ):
.itemlist--forums .item-col-icon .item-icon:before{content:""} that is in
canvas/them/css/main.min.css on line 9 almost at the end.
I just noticed that whatever that little box represents does not copy and paste well.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Iulyyy

Post by Iulyyy »

Thanks !
I finnaly done something.. :)
You're the best !
Iulyyy

Post by Iulyyy »

Iulyyy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:31 pm Sorry for my bad English !!
https://i.imgur.com/5ada79P.png

Yellow square --> I want to modify that one with my images (read/unread) etc. [RESOLVED]
Green square --> I saw on another theme there is a green "+" i think it appears there only if there's any unread posts in that forum. I want to add that green plus there. ( + )
Red square --> I want to modify that from "3 days ago" to appear the exactly time like "08.02.2018 , 10:32"
Lumpy Burgertushie

red square: that is most likely an extension you have installed that allows that. turn it off in the admin panel manage extensions section.
green square: a plus there must be from some type of extension. do you have a link to a board where you saw that?

robert

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”