css for "Board index > ..."

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
abcd2014

css for "Board index > ..."

Post by abcd2014 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:53 am

which css is for "Board index > ..." (top one)?
I want to change its text color and weight.

Thanks.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: css for "Board index > ..."

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:04 am

what "board index' please be more specific when you are asking for help. we need to know exactly what you are talking about to be able to help you properly.

basically, colors are in the colours.css file and the next one to look for is the common.css file.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

abcd2014

Post by abcd2014 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:18 am

Which is just bellow "Quick link" and "FAQ" - see top of this page.
(top one)

It should be in colours.css, but I don't know its class (or id) name.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 am

the way you find these types of things is to right click on the word or area you want to know the css for. from the right click menu choose "inspect element" or whatever your browser calls it. then, a box will open with the source code on one side and the css on the other. it will tell you what css file and what line etc.

now, in the case of links like the Board index text, it is a little more complicated. there is the basic color of the text and then over the top of that is the color of all links on the board. if you change the link color it will change all link colors.... not what you want. IF you change the basic text color it will change the color of all the text that is not links....not what you want.

I would suggest you forget about it. the way it is works great for thousands and thousands of people and is really not worth the trouble to make it a different color.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”