how to mobe "Global Announcements" to the top of the page

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
TheButcher2

how to mobe "Global Announcements" to the top of the page

Post by TheButcher2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi Guys

How do I make the "Global Announcements" appear at the top of the page, right now it is at the bottom, please screen cap.

Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 1.51.22 PM.png

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: how to mobe "Global Announcements" to the top of the page

Post by david63 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Do they not appear at the top of a forum if you use a vanilla prosilver style?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm guessing it's because you're not using categories in the way everyone else does. You've got the top level subforums showing above where the topics would be, which is usual, but people don't normally have the layout like that with so many subforums. Your posts won't be in that bit in your screenshot though because they'll be another level further in, in the forums themselves. By going down that route you've actually added an extra click of navigation to the way people have to get around your site.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 pm

david63 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm
Do they not appear at the top of a forum if you use a vanilla prosilver style?
I doctored the theme boss

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:44 pm

KevC wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm
I'm guessing it's because you're not using categories in the way everyone else does. You've got the top level subforums showing above where the topics would be, which is usual, but people don't normally have the layout like that with so many subforums. Your posts won't be in that bit in your screenshot though because they'll be another level further in, in the forums themselves. By going down that route you've actually added an extra click of navigation to the way people have to get around your site.
You are 100% correct sir, I wanted it this way, actually I started a topic yesterday viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2468856
Even if the global announcements are at the bottom, I'd rather live with that rather than have the main forums open to posts.

I guess time to shut up and not ask, how I can have my cake and eat it too.

Peace

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

switch it back to prosilver and see what it looks like. that is the point he was making.

your style ( not theme) is called custom if I remember correctly. and by the way, you still have some type of redirect that is keeping anyone from accessing your style files. when I try to go here: https://www.sponsor.chat/styles/custom/style.cfg or any other style file, it automatically redirects back to https://www.sponsor.chat/

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm
switch it back to prosilver and see what it looks like. that is the point he was making.

your style ( not theme) is called custom if I remember correctly. and by the way, you still have some type of redirect that is keeping anyone from accessing your style files. when I try to go here: https://www.sponsor.chat/styles/custom/style.cfg or any other style file, it automatically redirects back to https://www.sponsor.chat/

robert
Actually I reneamed the custom theme to "sponsorchat" that said

I stopped using "Threads" and started to call them "Topics" give me credit boss. I'll get round to saying "Style" instead of "Theme" sooner or later, this old dog after 14 using another script for his forum is slow on such terms:)

I'm guessing it's my htaccess doing the redirects.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”