prosilver on 3.2.2 - quotes broken

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
catwiesel

prosilver on 3.2.2 - quotes broken

Post by catwiesel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Hey,

we recently updated to 3.2.2 from 3.2.1

we have 3 styles on the boards, prosilver, our own (based on prosilver) and subsilver2

since the update, prosilver quotes are broken. the other two work fine.

I have a more-or-less-copy of our forum in a vm running.
at first prosilver did work there, quotes were working, so I compared files and I did not find anything.
after I deleted the cache on the test forum, quotes were broken too.

we tried downloading prosilver for 3.2.2 and replacing the files.

I could not find a way to fix it. and I could not find any other reports. and I am thinking that the problem is not because of our forum, or else it would not be the same on the test system...

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance

Quote broken:

Quote works:

Hanakin
Infrastructure Team Member
Infrastructure Team Member
Name: Michael Miday

Re: prosilver on 3.2.2 - quotes broken

Post by Hanakin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 am

unfortunately I can not do anything with a screenshot I would need a link to a board to test this. However your screenshot is not prosilver or at least not 3.2. Compare both to the following quote and you can see a vast difference. It seems you post is not style correctly. Also the correct screenshot is not from prosilver either as it’s not using font-awesome
catwiesel wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:02 pm
Testing quotes on here
I could not find a way to fix it. and I could not find any other reports. and I am thinking that the problem is not because of our forum, or else it would not be the same on the test system...
testing none user quote

catwiesel

Post by catwiesel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am

obviously the forum is online
my test can be made (just did) available over the internet as well. I can create a user for you and PM you the url/login data.

I also did further research... I really can not see anything unexpected in the actual style files.
I tried to look if the phpbb demo does exhibit the same problem, but it is still 3.2.1

I do see a big difference in the generated html code. see the attached screenshots

broken:

working:

actual SQL data:

edit:
I would like to add that it was the prosilver as it was left after an update.
furthermore did I download prosilver for 3.2.2 and manually installed it.

I am now confused how we could not have prosilver after I explicitly downloaded and installed it

catwiesel

Post by catwiesel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 am

Hanakin wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 am
However your screenshot is not prosilver or at least not 3.2. Compare both to the following quote and you can see a vast difference. It seems you post is not style correctly.
I am not sure if I understand this correctly. Or if I miscommunicated the problem.

My forum with prosilver style looks like this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 2bdf51a737

which is supposed to be prosilver 3.2.x

also, this forum here looks different. similar, but different. And I did not find an option to change my style here to prosilver or see which style this here is. obviously the quote examples you gave me, will not look like mine, when this is not the same style - and even more, when mine dont work.

Also the correct screenshot is not from prosilver either as it’s not using font-awesome
Yeah, the working screenshot is from our own style, which is based on prosilver. it works.

HOWEVER
your "this is not prosilver" led me to make subsilver2 default, delete prosilver (+remove from file system) and our style, and reinstall prosilver 3.2.2 freshly downloaded.
it seems it did the trick, my test forum has working quotes again.

Yesterday, I just replaced the files on the file system, without remove/reinstall in the admin center.

Still, it broke due to the update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 which usually does update prosilver...

Thank you for your help. If it works for the real forum too later tonight, I will edit here. And we can close this thread. :)

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”