Quoted user info/time not showing up

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
cassieve

Quoted user info/time not showing up

Post by cassieve »

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right section to post this question or if I'm even allowed to do it here since it's probably a theme related issue (?) but I was wondering if anyone could please help me out with this: whenever a user quotes others posts the info related to the quoted username and the time the message was posted does not show up. (example: https://i.imgur.com/5kyPcv7.png )

Thanks in advance for your time!!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Quoted user info/time not showing up

Post by KevC »

cassieve wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm since it's probably a theme related issue (?)
There's an easy way to find out.
See if it happens in the default prosilver style. If it does, there's your answer and you should ask the author. It may well be that they left out that bit of code for styling reasons.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Maybe a problem with your style, did you check with prosilver? Did you check the post source (Press the "edit"-pencil) if the necessary variables are set. The quote BBCode should look like [quote=cassieve post_id=15053336 time=1531766742 user_id=1811331] ...
But you can also use the "Old" form [quote=cassieve] giving no extra information

Edit: Kev was faster ...
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

KevC wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 pm
cassieve wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm since it's probably a theme related issue (?)
There's an easy way to find out.
See if it happens in the default prosilver style. If it does, there's your answer and you should ask the author. It may well be that they left out that bit of code for styling reasons.
canonknipser wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:56 pm Maybe a problem with your style, did you check with prosilver? Did you check the post source (Press the "edit"-pencil) if the necessary variables are set. The quote BBCode should look like [quote=cassieve post_id=15053336 time=1531766742 user_id=1811331] ...
But you can also use the "Old" form [quote=cassieve] giving no extra information

Edit: Kev was faster ...
Thanks for your replies! I checked and it does work on prosilver, guess I should try asking the author then :/ does anyone know if there isn't a generic file with specific code for that section of the forum (the quotes) that I can replace (maybe from the prosilver theme?) to make sure the quote info appears again though? Thx again
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Is your style updated to the phpBB version you use? If I remember correctly there where some css changes for the quote function ..
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

Froddelaar wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:07 pm Is your style updated to the phpBB version you use? If I remember correctly there where some css changes for the quote function ..
Not sure, I think I upgraded when the 3.2 version of the theme came out . Is there any specific file for this quote info that I can replace manually or something to see if it fixes the issue? Thanks!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

maybe, but you still need to ask wherever you got the style from.

what style is it?
how abouty a link to your board so we can see what is going on to be able to help you better.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 am maybe, but you still need to ask wherever you got the style from.

what style is it?
how abouty a link to your board so we can see what is going on to be able to help you better.

robert
I'll ask since the theme (Eles) included support, thanks! My board requires login but I can disable that if it could help solve the issue? it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/cmuWXf9.png however while you're posting it shows the right info as stated like [quote=cassieve post_id=15053336 time=1531766742 user_id=1811331] per example.
Lumpy Burgertushie

a link to the board please, not a link to an image of a post.

we don't need to login, just see the board.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

I searched for the "Eles" style, and looked at the demo forum. It seems the style is for phpBB 3.2.0
But I can be wrong, it's a "payed" style, phpBB forum don't support that. You will need to ask support where you bought the style.

Code: Select all

style_version = 2.2.2
phpbb_version = 3.2.0
http://bbthemr.com/eles/styles/eles/style.cfg
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

cassieve wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm whenever a user quotes others posts the info related to the quoted username and the time the message was posted does not show up. (example: https://i.imgur.com/5kyPcv7.png )
what happens if you try and select/highlight the info that is supose to be there ? Maybe the author of the style hid it intentionally.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

Thanks everyone for the replies! I asked the theme developer again somewhere else but so far no response and the most recent support questions haven't been replied in quite a bit :/
Mannix_ wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:53 pm
cassieve wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm whenever a user quotes others posts the info related to the quoted username and the time the message was posted does not show up. (example: https://i.imgur.com/5kyPcv7.png )
what happens if you try and select/highlight the info that is supose to be there ? Maybe the author of the style hid it intentionally.
I believe there's nothing there just the actual content of the quoted post. And on the demo board posted by @Froddelaar above the quote shows up like this: https://i.imgur.com/Sdi9ziY.png
(so while there's still no mention of the date/time it does show the username of the user being quoted)
Last edited by cassieve on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 am a link to the board please, not a link to an image of a post.
we don't need to login, just see the board.
We need to see it before we can help. So a link would be great.
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

In the demo, the quote time is hidden when the screen is made smaller using responsive hide.

Have you had this problem since installing the style? or did it start after making any code edits?

Just as a test, if you use FireFox, on the topic page with the quote on,
  • Hover the mouse pointer over the quote block.
  • Click the right side mouse button and click "inspect element"
  • Then click "{ } style editor"
  • A little list of style sheets will load on the left side, click one.
  • At the bottom of the style sheet, paste the code below,

Code: Select all

.responsive-hide {
display: block !important;
color: red !important;
}
See if the time appears under the quote.
Last edited by DTMWC on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boom.
Lumpy Burgertushie

or give us a link to see what is going on.

hello? hello? is this thing on?

robert

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”