Questions about how to edit theme

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
mintaka

Questions about how to edit theme

Post by mintaka »

Hello! I'm brand new to phpBB and I have a few questions pertaining to this theme that I installed on my board.

1) I have the avatar size at 250x400. It appears smaller in posts but full size when I click on my profile. I've tied resetting it and then putting it back at this size, which didn't work, so what else could I try? I'm guessing it's something in the theme itself as this worked perfectly well with the prosilver one.

2) What would I edit in the sidebar file to put in things? I'd like to add a Discord widget for chatting directly from the forum, and I have all the code on the Discord end. I just don't know what to change or remove or what have you. I don't think the sidebar is actually enabled at this time, and I don't know how to check if it is.

3) There is a colour picker to switch between the default five colours that come with the skin. How can I remove this from being visible as I go about the site?

4) Tying in with the above: where would I go to edit what colours are available or visible? I'd like to change the orange to a few shades of tan and brown.

5) I edited the options.html file for the sidebar, profile location, and search bar location. But the changes haven't showed up. I removed and re-uploaded the file and it did nothing.

6) How do I change the header at the top of the page? And is there an option for me to be able to have that header as a hover image?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Questions about how to edit theme

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

any time you make changes to the style files you have to purge the cache from the main page of the admin panel to see the changes.
or, if you are making a lot of changes, go to the admin panel, left side, load settings and set "recompile stale style components" to yes.
then purge the cache. after that, you will only need to refresh your browser after each file edit/upload back to the server.

as to your questions about how to make changes to the style, you need to post in that style's topic and ask the author of the style.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
mintaka

Re: Questions about how to edit theme

Post by mintaka »

Thank you very much!

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”