Add button/link to navigation bar

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
maxwellqc13
Name: Max

Add button/link to navigation bar

Post by maxwellqc13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 pm

I need to add a button if possible to the navigation bar that will link to another site. I have searched and found some possible code to do this but would prefer an extension or something less complicated. The image below is to give an idea of what or where I am referring to.

Nac bar.png
Nac bar.png (10.23 KiB) Viewed 261 times

A second less important question on the area on the left side of the nav (If this should be a new topic I apologize and will do so)

Where it says Home > Home used to read Home > Index. It changed when the Sitemaker ext was installed. I have tried many options to correct it but if I change one they both do so. The first home id to the site url home page and the second is to the phpbb index.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Add button/link to navigation bar

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm

for the first, there is a extension for breadcrumb menu. search for that in the extension forums.

for the second, you need to go to the admin panel, board settings, Board index text:
remove or edit what is in that box.

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

maxwellqc13
Name: Max

Post by maxwellqc13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm
for the first, there is a extension for breadcrumb menu. search for that in the extension forums.

for the second, you need to go to the admin panel, board settings, Board index text:
remove or edit what is in that box.

luck,
robert
Thank you for the reply. I have the breadcrumb ext I am looking to add a small Icon/button with link in it. I have someone wanting to place an ad in the nav bar and it needs to be more then just the link.

The second item I will address later as it is not urgent.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:29 am

keep in mind that the navbar is not a good place for something like this.
the links on the left side will expand all the way across the navbar if you navigate deeper into the board. it really needs all that space.

it would be much better to create a new bar like the navbar and place it under the existing one for your ads etc.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”