Replacing Header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
chipmac

Replacing Header

Post by chipmac » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm using 3.2.2 but can't find any topic that explains how to get rid of the blue header (bluesilver style) background in this version. I've uploaded a banner to images and you can see it on the site, but the original blue background surrounds it. Similar topics pertained to previous versions, but colours.css seems to have changed and I can't find what I need to edit. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by thecoalman on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Replacing Header

Post by thecoalman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 pm

If you right click that section of the page in your browser window and select "inspect element"* that will open developers console. On the bottom is the selected element which you may need to change. On the right should be the CSS rules applied to that element with the file and line it appears.

*It may vary depending on browser but they all have developer tools.

----edit----

Once you apply the edits and upload they will not take because the old CSS file will be cached in your browser, hit refresh and if that does not clear it out hold ctrl and hit f5 which should refresh and clear out the cache.

Keep in mind you will need to merge these edits with new versions of phpBB when you go to upgrade, It's best to keep a list of files with any custom edits and use comments for you edits so you know why it was edited.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=616&t=2457556 allows you to add a banner and remove the blue header background if you wish (the latest version on my extension site that allows you to have 2 different banners. One full sized, one mobile)

chipmac

Post by chipmac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:08 pm

HiFiKabin wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am
viewtopic.php?f=616&t=2457556 allows you to add a banner and remove the blue header background if you wish (the latest version on my extension site that allows you to have 2 different banners. One full sized, one mobile)
Actually I downloaded your extension, but it doesn't show up in the admin panel. I uploaded with Filezilla to forum/ext/phpbb but perhaps this was the wrong place?

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:17 pm

When you unzip there should be a folder hifikabin, you upload that to phpbb_root/ext/.

chipmac

Post by chipmac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm

thecoalman wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:17 pm
When you unzip there should be a folder hifikabin, you upload that to phpbb_root/ext/.
I'm not finding phpbb_root. Could it be called something else, or am I just missing a step?

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm

chipmac wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Actually I downloaded your extension, but it doesn't show up in the admin panel. I uploaded with Filezilla to forum/ext/phpbb but perhaps this was the wrong place?
The folder tree should be

root (where config.php is)->ext->hifikabin->headerbaner

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 pm

phpbb_root simply means the directory where your board is installed.

if your board is installed in a folder named phpBB3 then that is what root means.

if your board is installed in a folder named forum, then forum is your root.

if your board is installed in you public_html directory then that is your root.

and , the only extensions that go into the ext/phpbb folder are the official phpbb.com extensions. there are only a few of those so far.
all the rest have to go into a folder of their own under the ext folder as shown above.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

chipmac

Post by chipmac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks to everyone. Finally got it figured out and the extension works perfectly!

:mrgreen: 8-) :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”