Trying to change banner to custom

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Trying to change banner to custom

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it is hard to test what you are doing since you don't have prosilver set as the guest style. all I can see is that arty style as a guest and I can access the actual prosilver files to see what you have changed or not.

right now your colours.css file is referencing this image: site_logo_small.png
which is not going to be a banner . before you have been wanting the banner to go all the way across the page now you are telling it to display a very small image.

are you using the banner/logo extension to do all of this or what?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hi,
OnlyinaChevy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 am I didn't change the logo on the digi style because I plan on deleting that style from the forum eventually.

I resized the image that I put in the image file to 1080 by 213, or so I thought I did. Seeing as you have listed the exact size of the original banner @ 7200 x 2000, it makes me wonder where I went wrong there as well. I did originally rename the issue to site_logo.gif, but as you stated above, reclassifying the image to a gif from png wasn't the answer. I will work on it tomorrow evening and see what I can screw up even further....lol

Hopefully I'll get it right this time with your suggestions! Thanks!
I found this style --> Digi --> Style by Arty - Update phpBB 3.2 by MrGaby on your site:

[...]
# General Information about this style
name = Digi
copyright = Created by Arty (Vjacheslav Trushkin), http://www.artodia.com/, Modified by Gabriel Fischer
style_version = 3.2.2.1
phpbb_version = 3.2.2

[...]
Please look and read more about to compile .scss -->
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/digi/support

Best regards
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

From the screen shot attached with the red and blue sections a couple of posts ago, It sounds like the OP wants to change the headerbar background from the blue gradient to an image.

Basically in colours.css you find .headerbar { and change the background-image, it won't be fully responsive but you can add something like background-size: cover on the next line down. (it may not be "cover" it may be be "compact" I'm not on a PC at the min so can't check)
Boom.
Lumpy Burgertushie

but you have to get the file names and the edits to colours.css to match before anything else will work.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
OnlyinaChevy
Name: Vinny

Post by OnlyinaChevy »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:03 am it is hard to test what you are doing since you don't have prosilver set as the guest style. all I can see is that arty style as a guest and I can access the actual prosilver files to see what you have changed or not.

right now your colours.css file is referencing this image: site_logo_small.png
which is not going to be a banner . before you have been wanting the banner to go all the way across the page now you are telling it to display a very small image.

are you using the banner/logo extension to do all of this or what?

robert
I changed the default to prosilver; guest and registered user so that you can see what you need to see in order to help me out.

Originally and still, I want to change the "header" to the image I showed that I forced with the GMC, Chevy bowtie and Caddy emblems going all the way across. I only changed to the small image to see if what was suggested within this thread by the other helper would at least show up (which it didn't).

So, in the broad scheme of things, I would like to have the header to stretch all the way across such as the header on this forum has the semi-stick figures showing across the entire top of the forum.

I am not using any type of banner/logo extension to do anything.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, good. go here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... er_banner/

read up on that extension. it will allow you to do exactly what you want without editing any code etc.
read the instructions on how to upload and install that extension. access it in your admin panel.
use your 1080 wide banner that you created for it. not the giant one and not the very small one.

then it should all work just fine.

luck,
robert

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”