My 1st try : DirtyBoard old style for 3.2.x

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
alhitary
Name: Basil Taha Alhitary

My 1st try : DirtyBoard old style for 3.2.x

Post by alhitary »

Dears,

I'm a learner in designing and CSS. I did my tests on the DirtyBoard old style to make it work with 3.2.x.
But I need your help and answers for bellow point plz :

1- Can i change the name ( DirtyBoard ) to another one ?
2- Is there a best way to reduce the size of style photos with keeping its quality ?
with its original photos now, it is heavy style and make the forum slow.
3- Can you give me advice, feedback, any suggestion ? as i still have many changes to work on it.

Live demo : http://alhitary.net/community/viewforum.php?f=8

Photos for the style in attachments

Thanks alot
Attachments
Forum page
Forum page
Contact page
Contact page
Index page
Index page
Topic page
Topic page
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: My 1st try : DirtyBoard old style for 3.2.x

Post by Mannix_ »

alhitary wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 pm 1- Can i change the name ( DirtyBoard ) to another one ?
You would need to edit the image called bg_headerbar_en.png file then upload it and purge the cache.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what you have so far is not responsive, if you reduce the screen size it is all just off the page.
I always liked that style but making it responsive would be a night mare for someone without the proper knowledge ( like me ).

you will need to make all of those images that makeup the backgrounds and the borders, divs etc. etc. be responsive .

rob ert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

Good effort for your first try,

The responsive side is still there and working if the width: 950px; on the header, footer and wrap, are changed to max-width: 950px;

Getting the banner to be responsive would be tricky, but you could use HTML or HiFiKabins Headerbanner extension to add it after.
Boom.
alhitary
Name: Basil Taha Alhitary

Post by alhitary »

Mannix_ wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm
alhitary wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 pm 1- Can i change the name ( DirtyBoard ) to another one ?
You would need to edit the image called bg_headerbar_en.png file then upload it and purge the cache.
Thanks
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:50 pm what you have so far is not responsive, if you reduce the screen size it is all just off the page.
I always liked that style but making it responsive would be a night mare for someone without the proper knowledge ( like me ).

you will need to make all of those images that makeup the backgrounds and the borders, divs etc. etc. be responsive .

rob ert
Responsive still under working
I will try to make it work good
Thanks
Dan Stylez wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 pm Good effort for your first try,

The responsive side is still there and working if the width: 950px; on the header, footer and wrap, are changed to max-width: 950px;

Getting the banner to be responsive would be tricky, but you could use HTML or HiFiKabins Headerbanner extension to add it after.
I'll try and test every way to make it responsive
Thanks

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”