Unable to change Header image in Latte

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Brian Lambert

Unable to change Header image in Latte

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi,
I have three themes on my forum - Prosilver, Prosilver SE and Latte. I have successfully replaced the phpbb heading in the two prosilver versions but I'm unable to change the latte version. Any ideas please?

This part I've circled in red is the area I would like to replace with my own logo if its possible it is shown here (I placed the question in the wrong area!).... viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2489661

I've placed the logo etc into the files as per Prosilver and the SE version but nothing works in Latte.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Unable to change Header image in Latte

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

how about a link to the board. the process should be the same for latte as for the other styles.

I forgot, this is one of arty's styles with that silly scss stuff that you have to recomplie the stylesheet after any changes.

I have never figured out how to do that. if you made any changes to the css files then you have to figure out how to do that recompile thing for them to show up or something.

maybe someone else can explain it so that we can all understand that procedure.

sorry,

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ibedejo

Post by Ibedejo »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 pm I forgot, this is one of arty's styles with that silly scss stuff that you have to recomplie the stylesheet after any changes.
You better don't tell Hanakin: he is going to use the same "silly scss stuff" in his future phpBb standard style ... :lol:
For very good reasons, at that.
(Things don't have to be "silly" only because you can't figure out how they work ...)

-------------------------

Back to topic:
If by "header image" the logo used in this style is meant, the procedure should still be the same as described in Arty's original 3.1 tutorials:
How to change logo
How to compile theme files

Nothing fancy about this and nothing silly at that.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

well, silly may be the wrong word.

I thought the reason for the separate files was to make it all simpler in the first place. if the scss is just going to combine all the css into one file why have to recompile something. just combine it all into one file like it used to be with 2.0

also, having to either install and app or an extension or learn how to do it via command line seems a bit much. editing a given css file and uploading it back is very quick and easy as it is.

one of the complaints we have had here is about how complicated it is getting to work with over the years. I think this just complicates things even more.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

It may seem complicated, but as i remember, there are instructions. Seems like no one is interested in it, so only thing that is left, is to do it (at least try) or move on
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

I uploaded this style, then changed the logo image (but gave the new logo the same name) then changed some colours in the style sheet - did a CTRL + F5 to refresh the forum page and the changes appear every time.

In the ACP --> Load Settings --> Recompile stale style components -- do you have it set to yes?
Boom.
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Dan Stylez wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:12 pm <Snip>
In the ACP --> Load Settings --> Recompile stale style components -- do you have it set to yes?
It wasnt, it was set to No, now Yes but still no logo even after refresh?

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”