Unable to see newly uploaded Styles

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Yggdr

Unable to see newly uploaded Styles

Post by Yggdr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I've succesfully installed my first Phpbb forum (version 3.2.3).
Then, I've tried to switch around styles, however none of them appear in the 'Install styles' tab.
I've adapted the correct permissions already, but still no luck. Any advice?

Styles i've tried to install are:
IdLaunch Fresh
MyInvision
We_Universal

Any tips? Thanks!

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Unable to see newly uploaded Styles

Post by KevC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:43 pm

The most common issue is uploading the wrong folder so the hierarchy isn't correct.

If you look at the prosilver folder you'll see it has a style.cfg file and a couple of folders in it.
If you dont see the same layout in your uploaded folders then you haven't uploaded correctly.

If you post a screenshot of your FTP window showing the uploaded folders and their contents we should be able to work that out.

Also if they are 3.1 or 3.0 styles they won't work.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Yggdr

Post by Yggdr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 pm

KevC wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:43 pm
The most common issue is uploading the wrong folder so the hierarchy isn't correct.

If you look at the prosilver folder you'll see it has a style.cfg file and a couple of folders in it.
If you dont see the same layout in your uploaded folders then you haven't uploaded correctly.

If you post a screenshot of your FTP window showing the uploaded folders and their contents we should be able to work that out.

Also if they are 3.1 or 3.0 styles they won't work.
Thank you so much, very stupid mistake. Had an extra folder in between because I unzipped it directly on the file manager.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:35 pm

that is only one of the reasons to not unzip on the server. just not good practice. unzip on your computer and upload the relevant files to their relevant locations using ftp onlyl.

rob ert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”