Styles problem

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
douget

Styles problem

Post by douget »

I am requesting help with my forum i installed phpbb3 as a forum for wordpress website and i am just setting it up i was reading on how to install a theme i found a couple i liked i uploaded it to my server, I was getting ready to install it and i couldn't find a a styles tab like it said in the instructions on the ACP. I am the only member on the site and i have administrator. the site is http://mendingcommunity.com/phpbb3 would appreciate any instruction or advice to installing the theme.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Styles problem

Post by KevC »

You must be reading some very old instructions. There hasn't been a styles tab for a long time. Style installation is under the customise tab.

Also make sure if you're running 3.2.x that you have styles for 3.2.x. Those made for 3.0 or 3.1 will not work.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
douget

Post by douget »

i'm running the latest
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it has been established that whatever instructions you were reading about styles was very old since as kev said, there has not been a styles tab in phpbb for years.

so, make sure you are downloading styles that are made for phpbb 3.2.3 as that is what you have installed.
If you tell us what styles you are trying to install ( with a link to where you downloaded them ) we can help you .

rob ert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

douget wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 pm i'm running the latest
Does that mean you've succeeded or not? Do you see the customise tab and are you able to install in there?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”