Logo_right

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Post Reply
User avatar
topicecold
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm
Contact:

Logo_right

Post by topicecold » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:18 pm

I have a very simple (and stupid) problem , but I can't seem to solve it.
On my website, I have added an image with a link to my discord invite link.
The style I am using (Acidtech) uses images right and left to the site_logo, called logo_right and logo_left. I can't find the css for the logo_right and logo_left, so I added this in the overall_header :

Code: Select all

<a id="logo" href="https://discord.gg/jFZKygm"> <img src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/discordserver.jpg"></a>
I renamed the image, because if I call it logo_right , it goes to the right but it becomes duplicate, so another one is created next to the site logo.

I have tried to find the style for logo_right and rename the image to discordserver.jpg, but I can't find anything that makes the logo_right go to the right.

My question is , how do I make this code that I posted go to the right , like the "logo_right.jpg"?

Edit: I have posted a question on the style support forum, but there hasn't been an answer for days.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65307
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 pm

colours.css line 88

you can either change the name of the logo right to your image file name
or you can change your image file name to logo_right and replace the existing one with yours.

either way will work.

remember, after making the changes you have to purge the cache and refresh your browser to see the change.


robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
topicecold
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by topicecold » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 pm
colours.css line 88

you can either change the name of the logo right to your image file name
or you can change your image file name to logo_right and replace the existing one with yours.

either way will work.

remember, after making the changes you have to purge the cache and refresh your browser to see the change.


robert
https://prntscr.com/lh2bsp , now this happened, they became duplicate, same thing when I named the file logo_right instead of discordserver.jpg
the one to the right is just an image, and not clickable, and the one next to site_logo is clickable

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65307
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Ok, here is what I did to test this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left, url(images/Lumpy.gif) no-repeat right, url(images/logo_bg.gif);
}
that did just what you want. it replaces logo_right with your image in the correct place. do duplicates etc.

however, it does not make it a link and I have not figured out how to do that just yet.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
topicecold
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by topicecold » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Ok, here is what I did to test this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left, url(images/Lumpy.gif) no-repeat right, url(images/logo_bg.gif);
}
that did just what you want. it replaces logo_right with your image in the correct place. do duplicates etc.

however, it does not make it a link and I have not figured out how to do that just yet.

robert
Yea I am able to make the logo go to the right, but then it won't be a link :/

There is another idea but I couldn't get it to work properly, I could add the discord widget , but it is too big, and if I make it smaller it looks weird.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65307
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm

ok, here is what I did to make it all work:

1. edit the colours.css file

change this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left, url(images/logo_right.jpg) no-repeat right, url(images/logo_bg.gif);
}
to this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left;
}
install this extension:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... der_image/

create the folder in your root/images directory like the instructions say. put your image in that folder
fill in the blanks for that extension properly and poof , it will work.

If your image is that big box that you showed above, then chances are that the center acidtech logo will move to the top of the headerbar.
however, you can edit the headerbar background/logo image etc. as you wish.

give that a try and see what happens.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
topicecold
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by topicecold » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm
ok, here is what I did to make it all work:

1. edit the colours.css file

change this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left, url(images/logo_right.jpg) no-repeat right, url(images/logo_bg.gif);
}
to this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color:#2d2d2d;
	background:url(images/logo_left.jpg) no-repeat left;
}
install this extension:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... der_image/

create the folder in your root/images directory like the instructions say. put your image in that folder
fill in the blanks for that extension properly and poof , it will work.

If your image is that big box that you showed above, then chances are that the center acidtech logo will move to the top of the headerbar.
however, you can edit the headerbar background/logo image etc. as you wish.

give that a try and see what happens.

robert
Thanks a lot for the help, the image is at the right and the link is working, 1 small problem is that it became kind of cropped , any way to solve this? reduce the size from default 200 in the header image extension?
Edit: I did the opposite, I increased the size and now it looks good, thanks lumpy!

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65307
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Logo_right

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:28 pm

welcome. glad it worked for you.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests