Change Location of Post Buttons

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
ManOnTime
Name: Matt

Change Location of Post Buttons

Post by ManOnTime »

Hello.

Users on my forum have requested the post buttons be moved from the top of the post to the bottom. I've included a crude diagram to explain what I mean.
movepostbuttons.JPG
Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thank you.

Style: Elegance
Forum version: 3.2.4
david63

Re: Change Location of Post Buttons

Post by david63 »

Probably better if you were to ask in the support topic for the style
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

of course it is possible. anything is possible with enough knowledge and code edits.

I would ask them what difference it could possibly make where those icons are within the post.

and was it "users" or just one user?
if just one or two , is it worth all the trouble , not only now but each time the style(s) gets updated in the future.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

echo everyone else's comments about the style author. this really should have been extracted to its own html file, but you can just move the entire ul into the div for the back to top button under the back to top link. float the ul and add some right spacing
bipolarmorgan
Name: I dont

Post by bipolarmorgan »

Hanakin wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:45 pm echo everyone else's comments about the style author. this really should have been extracted to its own html file, but you can just move the entire ul into the div for the back to top button under the back to top link. float the ul and add some right spacing
If only it were that simple... re-echo everyone else's comments about contacting the style author... I just tried to do it myself on the elegance theme and it was turning out to be more work then just moving the div and restyling, as it shifted weird on mobile view. I can imagine it's different per theme as well.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”