Question - What is the Header file for phpbb

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
baloothebear

Question - What is the Header file for phpbb

Post by baloothebear »

Hi so i am not a programmer or anything, but i do know my way around with Wordpress and can edit some basic php and html/css. But i recently started a forum which is ofc phpbb based.

So as you might know you can use different service like Google Analytics or other things that require you to validate that the website is yours. This usually means you have to place a code or script in the Header of your website. For Wordpress, thats no problem for me since i know what all the files do because i used it for years.

However for phpbb its really confusing for me where i should add scripts and codes to what file to have it become active for all pages on the site.

To clarify iam trying to put a full page script from a URL shortener on my site so all outbound links will go through there, but i have no idea where to put it. I asked support for the shortener service but i get no responds, so i try my luck here :)

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Question - What is the Header file for phpbb

Post by HiFiKabin »

The file you are looking for is:-

root>styles>prosilver>template>overall_header.html (assuming prosilver is the style you are using, otherwise substitute the style name)

Also my Google Search Extension has the ability to add your Google Verification Code with no edits needed.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

phpbb separates the php code from the html/css code. ( in my opinion that makes working on phpbb much much easier than wp )

all of the html is in the template files. those are located in the styles/yourstyle/template folder.

the css is also separate from the html, those files are located in the styles/yourstyle/theme folder

you can put any scripts you need to run in the overall_footer.html file down at the bottom where it says scripts in brackets. put your script either above or below where is shows {$SCRIPTS}

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
baloothebear

Post by baloothebear »

Thank you guys so much for all the help here :) I got it working now!

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”