Line Spaces and Quoting

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Tithenon
Name: Paul Emerson

Line Spaces and Quoting

Post by Tithenon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Anyone know what happened to Line Spaces and Quoting? I mean spaces between lines, paragraphs, bullet points, etc. I don't want to know how to fix them; the line spaces I already have a piss-poor fix for... what used to be normal I now have to use a Character Space for (much more effective than a Line Break). I would be grateful if they were returned to what they used to be, please?

Also, what about quoting? I run a Play-by-Forum RPG and, sometimes my players and I quote several folks in the same post, so we can condense the number of posts and take care of multiple things at the same time. If my player quotes Frerin and then Artorius, only Frerin's name shows up on top, and Artorius appears nowhere. What happened to these things?

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: Line Spaces and Quoting

Post by david63 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Tithenon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm
what about quoting? I run a Play-by-Forum RPG and, sometimes my players and I quote several folks in the same post, so we can condense the number of posts and take care of multiple things at the same time. If my player quotes Frerin and then Artorius, only Frerin's name shows up on top, and Artorius appears nowhere. What happened to these things?
Cannot see a problem with quoting in a clean install of phpBB whether it be a full post quote or a partial post quote.

Can you post a link to where this is a problem.

It could possibly be a style problem or an extension problem.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Tithenon

Post by Tithenon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 pm

[quote=Frerin]"Desyd, aye?"[/quote]
[ChSp][/ChSp]
[quote=Artorius]Artorius clasps...[/quote]

Alright, I've copied this post ... http://www.wolvesau.net/wh/fantasy/view ... 431#p14420 ... and shortened it in the code, above, to show that there are quotes for both Frerin and Artorius, but in the post you see NONE of the names actually show up.

They used to... they do not, now. I'm going to try that short bit OUT of code, here...
Frerin wrote:"Desyd, aye?"
Artorius wrote:Artorius clasps...
Is it possible, since I'm seeing the names, here, that it's something with Latte?

I'm going to have to upgrade to the newest version of Latte, aren't I?

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Tithenon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 pm
I'm going to have to upgrade to the newest version of Latte, aren't I?
Your style version should always match the phpBB version, so when you update/upgrade your board, you need to update/upgrade your style too
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Tithenon

Post by Tithenon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 am

Alright, I'll have to figure that out, because I have all sorts of images, BB Codes, etc., in there that I'll need to preserve. That might be a fun Friday project.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”