The poor quality of the icons

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Ksuha

The poor quality of the icons

Post by Ksuha »

Hi. Please tell me, I replace the icons on your forums, insert size photos on 103*150 px, and the quality becomes horrible, the pixels are very large, what should I do to this size of the photo stays crisp, this logo applies to, a very big loss of quality.
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: The poor quality of the icons

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Hello there,

Do you have a link to where this is happening, or a screenshot?

Ksuha

Post by Ksuha »

Hi. Whether you have email, I don't have access to private messages yet.
:)
Last edited by Ksuha on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You can post a link here.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Ksuha

Post by Ksuha »

Ok, look :oops:
пока никто не отвечает, всех, видимо устраивают мутные картинки(
Ksuha

Post by Ksuha »

Re-read 100,000 sites, no information on my question is almost there. I still came up with 2 options:
1. as upload avatars, own icons, badges for forums or categories or those in format svg.
or
2. I understand there is a feature in the system files that automatically compresses the downloadable image for the icon. It turns out I reduce the image-it becomes terrible in quality, but still not very muddy, and the system compresses it even more, how to fix it?
Ksuha

Post by Ksuha »

It is also processed images was 100 manipulation, contrast, sharpness, shadow, well, to somehow improve visibility, and this is one of, if not processed first in CorelDRAW, the second with my forum:

Image---that compresses photos? I dreamt, on many forums so on phpbb!

please note: the text of the FORUM looks very contrast and clear - not blurred, and the icon and the icon is terribly blurred!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

probably you are putting the icon/image in a place that has to either expand or reduce your image.

that will often make images fuzzy like that.

hard to tell without more information about the actual images, their sized, resolution etc.

post links to the actual board where the image looks bad.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, got a link to the board in PM.
It seems that the images you are using are of low quality to start with.

if you right click on any of those images and click on "view image" you will see the exact same poor quality image.

that is what the image already looks like.

you need to start with high quality images in the images folder. the board is not changing the image from what you put in the folder.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ksuha

Post by Ksuha »

How to save a picture in a small size png or jpeg without loss of quality? And when I upload a picture in the average size, it does not automatically decrease. Even in the admin area, the pictures become huge. It is necessary to reduce to a size which is suitable for category icon immediately, it is 60px*60Px, 80*45, in General in a small size.
Lumpy Burgertushie

I have never had an image reduce in quality when reducing in size. it does happen the other way around. if you try to put an image into a spot that it has to enlarge to fill up the space, it will pull the pixels apart and look terrible.
if you try to put a large image in a small space it will either get cut off or it will reduce the size which will compact the pixels and should not get fuzzy looking.

whatever you are doing to your images is making them fuzzy. try looking on a site that explains how to do graphics and see if you can learn how to create whatever images you want at the size you need.

robert

Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

currently at work so can not see the posted images as they are block by firewall what images specifically are you trying to replace. when replacing any of the non-font iocns you have to ensure that the size of your image matches the size of the original image exactly.

Second what method are you using to upload your images. Direct ftp or ssh? if you are using a third party software are anything the host provides do not this may be causing your issues.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

so if you are trying to create or add a custom imageset icon the size has to be 64 px the css currently in 3.2 is scaling the image down to half its size at 32px to accommodate retina devices. If your image is not evenly divisible by 32px recommended 64px, you will notice some blurry/jaggedness. Furthermore, if you are using a gif DO NOT use a png as browsers handle scaling differently and gifs are not rendered consistently by all browsers

for the forum image your on your own, strongly recommend not using them and they will be changing in the next theme to be a standard size as currently they are not handled at all.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”