I'd like to brighten up my style's fonts a bit

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
deepndark

I'd like to brighten up my style's fonts a bit

Post by deepndark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:07 am

I'd like to change the forum's fonts a bit brighter. At least these 3: The Forum names, the topic titles and the text inside the topics. I asked this over the Pycode, but it has been a ghosttown for a long time already. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.
Last edited by Hanakin on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: I'd like to brighten up my style's fonts a bit

Post by thecoalman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:40 am

What do you mean by brighter? Different color?

In any event if you right click the area you want to change and the select "inspect element" or similar text depending on the browser it will open the developer console. Hover over the html and it will highlight the part of the page it pertains too, click and on the right menu it will give you the CSS rules, CSS file and the line. You can even edit the CSS to preview changes.

Where you edit files depends, the titles have a class called topic-title so you would edit or add it there so it's only applied to topic titles.

deepndark

Post by deepndark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am

thecoalman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:40 am
What do you mean by brighter? Different color?

In any event if you right click the area you want to change and the select "inspect element" or similar text depending on the browser it will open the developer console. Hover over the html and it will highlight the part of the page it pertains too, click and on the right menu it will give you the CSS rules, CSS file and the line. You can even edit the CSS to preview changes.

Where you edit files depends, the titles have a class called topic-title so you would edit or add it there so it's only applied to topic titles.
Well, it sounds easy for those who have been practising, but I'm a bit noob for doing this. I did right click on the forum names and got the codes to show up in the inspector, BUT, it's all heprea atm. I'd appreciate if someone would tell me where to change those 3 font colors - I'll then edit them with a Notepad++.

I hoped that when you click on the specific link or other part, it'll open up a notepad kind of view to see and instantly giving you a line that where is the color code at. Too compliacted atm.

I'd like to change these three font colors: The Forum names, the topic titles and the text inside the topics

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am

a.topictitle
a.forumtitle
.content
those three should do it. Last one have it's own color value so just change it, the first two you need to add them at the bottom of the file.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or on twitter.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

Mannix_ wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am
a.topictitle
That's not going to work, A) it's topic-title and B)the class is applied to H2

Code: Select all

.topic-title a {
color: #FFFFFFF;
}
The #FFFFFFF is hex value for the color, in this case it's white.

deepndark

Post by deepndark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

I got the developer to reply: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 01#p687001
I got it working for everything, BUT The Text Color inside the topics, maybe you are quicker and can tell the line for that too, please, danke!

deepndark

Post by deepndark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Never mind, I just had to read what Mannix told about the .content, - there it was - thankyou all!

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”