Styles for 3.2.7

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
AYBG

Styles for 3.2.7

Post by AYBG » Sat May 11, 2019 11:07 pm

On the customisation database, it appears only prosilver has a version for above 3.2.5
EA117 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:41 pm
With the release of phpBB 3.2.6, performing a login now requires a "form token", and results in "the submitted form is invalid" when those form token fields don't exist. The primary login forms in the phpBB 3.2.6 proSilver style were updated to include these form tokens, but if you're using a non-proSilver style the login forms on your board may not attempt to include these form tokens in the login forms. Note this can happen even if your style is proSilver-based and inherits from proSilver, since your style may have overridden and replaced the templates that define the login forms. In addition to all that, there were also some login forms in phpBB 3.2.6 proSilver which mistakenly did not get updated, and those need to be fixed as well.
Using Allan Style - SUBSILVER, some users were met with "the submitted form is invalid" when attempting to log in. I performed the file edits suggested by EA117 there, but found some of the files didn't exist in the style directory, and the users remained affected.

In order to circumvent the issue then, I had to set the guest style to prosilver. Not at all ideal, of course, as the look of the board completely changes after logging in.

So really I'm wondering why the lack of updated styles, despite the change in login protocol? And whether there are alternative edits I can make for this particular style? Did this affect people widely when 3.2.6 launched?
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Styles for 3.2.7

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat May 11, 2019 11:29 pm

3.2.6 had a couple of major issues that affected the html files.

best to go here:
https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3 ... -prosilver
make sure your allan subsilver style is for 3.2.5 and then
update only those files listed that are in your allan subsilver style

if there are any files missing they will be inherited from prosilver and those would have been already updated with the 3.2.7 update.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

EA117

Post by EA117 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:43 pm

AYBG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:07 pm
So really I'm wondering why the lack of updated styles, despite the change in login protocol? And whether there are alternative edits I can make for this particular style? Did this affect people widely when 3.2.6 launched?
Yes, it did affect people widely when phpBB 3.2.6 was launched, and was one of the behaviors addressed in the soon-after released phpBB 3.2.7. The phpBB 3.2.6 release made {S_FORM_TOKEN_LOGIN} mandatory in most login forms, and would fail login without it.

The phpBB 3.2.7 release now internally still requires the new login form token fields for successful login, but temporarily handles this in a way that permits compatibility even with non-updated styles. Meaning, those styles which haven't been updated to include {S_FORM_TOKEN_LOGIN} in their login forms. Those same styles will now work by default with phpBB 3.2.7, as opposed to fail by default as they did with phpBB 3.2.6.

To be clear, the styles do still need to be updated, as soon as possible. The phpBB 3.2.7 "forgiveness" is only temporary, in order to give styles a chance to catch up before {S_FORM_TOKEN_LOGIN} becomes mandatory again in a future phpBB release.

The behavior doesn't always exhibit "exactly that black and white" though, because extensions can initiate their own logins. If those extensions haven't been updated to include the add_form_token() call that is required in phpBB 3.2.6 and later, the login will also fail with "form invalid."

So even though "the style template issue is being forgiven" in phpBB 3.2.7, extensions which initiate their own logins still must update their PHP code now, for phpBB 3.2.6 or for phpBB 3.2.7. Without those PHP code changes the extension-initiated logins can still fail with "form invalid", regardless of whether you manually fix-up the associated templates files or not.

omeroon

Post by omeroon » Mon May 13, 2019 11:24 am

I am having the same problem with my Metro template set.

I think the main problem is that the login form key is only generated in the index and the login page. You can add the token marker on other pages but it will render empty without having the add_form_token() in the page itself, just like it has been added too index.php too.

Your best option without fiddling around with PHP is to redirect any login to the login page itself (/ucp.php?mode=login).

EA117

Post by EA117 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm

omeroon illuminated an important point I had been missing, beyond just "extensions can also initiate their own logins." The extensions point is still true, but even just a style had the ability to offer login on "any page" simply by making necessary template changes.

Those style-template-only-defined login forms now fail in phpBB 3.2.6 and later, except for any page where phpBB itself also offers a login form. No amount of changing the style's templates can overcome this on the additional pages. The login is only going to work on pages where either phpBB itself has called add_form_token(), or where an extension offering a login on a different page has been updated for phpBB 3.2.6 and later by calling add_form_token().

eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

AYBG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:07 pm
...So really I'm wondering why the lack of updated styles, despite the change in login protocol?...
Styles other than Prosilver are community created so are always a little behind when phpBB releases an update because it's up to the individual authors to submit updates. Once the updates are submitted there is only a small team that has to work through each style to validate them and release them into the styles database. Everybody involved in this process is a volunteer and does so in their own time so a small delay is unfortunately inevitable.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”