htlm5 validator question

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

htlm5 validator question

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Hey all,

I'm trying to make my forum a little more HTML5 valid.
So I'm replacing:
<script type="text/javascript"> with <script>
<br /> with <br> etc...

Now I checked all .html files with Notepad++
But I cannot find this, I checked the /styles and /ext folders.
Anyone an idea please ??

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">(function(){var span=document.createElement('span');span.className='fa';span.style.display='none';document.body.insertBefore(span,document.body.firstChild);function css(element,property){return window.getComputedStyle(element,null).getPropertyValue(property);}if((css(span,'font-family'))!=='FontAwesome'){var headHTML=document.head.innerHTML;headHTML+='<link href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.6.3/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">';document.head.innerHTML=headHTML;}document.body.removeChild(span);})();</script>
https://validator.w3.org/nu/?showsource ... 2F#l100c31
Last edited by Hanakin on Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: htlm5 validator question

Post by canonknipser »

Did you check the line before? Maybe it can give you a hint in the class name: <div class="jvppdmt_info_no_cookie_guest">
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

canonknipser wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 pm Did you check the line before? Maybe it can give you a hint in the class name: <div class="jvppdmt_info_no_cookie_guest">
Yes, checked that ext. Nothing there
david63

Post by david63 »

Is it from an extension or a style other that prosilver?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

david63 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:07 pm Is it from an extension or a style other that prosilver?
I checked all files from styles and extensions, can't find it anywhere.
In the source I see:

Code: Select all

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="LAEXZMjaeb4nLAfdfPeyQTuJwKct_NS2AdLZVW3_vII"/>
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="0DE21EB065D7D1045E02CB17873C637D"/>
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/xapple-touch-icon.png.pagespeed.ic.nBGJ2Vz33m.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="/xfavicon-32x32.png.pagespeed.ic.-9LL2uMaAt.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192" href="/xandroid-chrome-192x192.png.pagespeed.ic.o-wnk0fwff.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="/xfavicon-16x16.png.pagespeed.ic.0so-8wr4SQ.png">
<link rel="manifest" href="/site.webmanifest">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5">
<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#da532c">
<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/mstile-144x144.png">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">
</head>
<body id="phpbb" class="nojs notouch section-app ltr ">

<script type="text/javascript">(function(){var span=document.createElement('span');span.className='fa';span.style.display='none';document.body.insertBefore(span,document.body.firstChild);function css(element,property){return window.getComputedStyle(element,null).getPropertyValue(property);}if((css(span,'font-family'))!=='FontAwesome'){var headHTML=document.head.innerHTML;headHTML+='<link href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.6.3/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">';document.head.innerHTML=headHTML;}document.body.removeChild(span);})();</script>

<div id="wrap" class="wrap">
	<a id="top" class="top-anchor" accesskey="t"></a>
	<div id="page-header">
		<div class="headerbar" role="banner">
					<div class="inner">
At line 107 view-source:https://www.solidjeuh.be

Cleared the forum cache and flushed the pagespeed cache.
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Well it still seems reasonable to assume it's someone inserting right at EVENT overall_header_body_before.

What extension are we saying owns jvppdmt_info_no_cookie_guest, if you can say? Granted you already checked the code isn't literally in that extension, and we would be looking for something more subtle or indirect.

Probably what you're already doing by this point, but without relying on any string search, I would just go look at any extension which has an overall_header.html template. To see if anything they're doing in there that could have caused the script to be included without matching your string search.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Well, I checked all files with notepad++ again, opened 1259 templates, and found that code in a overall_header_body_before file :D Don't know what ext... I clicked on replaced all, and saved and closed to soon... So problem solved, thx all ;)

Seems that notepad++ skipped that file the first time
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

that does not always work it may be getting compressed, what are you searching for <script type="text/javascript">?
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Hanakin wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:55 pm that does not always work it may be getting compressed, what are you searching for <script type="text/javascript">?
Yes, normally all the files are valid now.

KillBill also said this:
Validate phpBB color palette [ROOT]/assets/javascript/core.js , Find and delete alt="#' + color + '"

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”