Turning header title into a link

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Losovenie

Turning header title into a link

Post by Losovenie »

Hi all,

I'd like to make the name of my forum into a link. That makes it easier for my users to navigate. I couldn't however figure out to do it.

Could someone help me out? I'm using version 3.2.3.

Help is much appreciated!

Mannix_

Re: Turning header title into a link

Post by Mannix_ »

I would try coping href attribute

Code: Select all

href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">
used in logo

<a id="logo" class="logo" href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span class="site_logo"></span></a>
and place it in the h1 tag that is just below it that is responsible for the site name

<h1>{SITENAME}</h1>

<h1 href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">{SITENAME}</h1>
The file to edit is overall_header.html
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Losovenie

Post by Losovenie »

Mannix_ wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 pm
I would try coping href attribute

href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">
used in logo

<a id="logo" class="logo" href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span class="site_logo"></span></a>
and place it in the h1 tag that is just below it that is responsible for the site name

<h1>{SITENAME}</h1>

<h1 href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">{SITENAME}</h1>
The file to edit is overall_header.html
Thanks for the help! I do however no seem to find the overall_header file for whatever reason :( is there another file in which I could find this functionality?

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

Losovenie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks for the help! I do however no seem to find the overall_header file for whatever reason :( is there another file in which I could find this functionality?
Are you using the default style (prosilver) or different one? The file should be in styles/stylename/template
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Losovenie

Post by Losovenie »

Mannix_ wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 am
Losovenie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Are you using the default style (prosilver) or different one? The file should be in styles/stylename/template
Thanks for your reply. I am currently using the MyInvision style.

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

/styles/MyInvision/template/overall_header.html

Always edit files with a good editor like Notepad++
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.7.1.html
NEVER use the standard Windows editors like "notepad"!
Forum for NL Extension translations ---> https://www.supportforum.be
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”