Turning header title into a link

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Losovenie

Turning header title into a link

Post by Losovenie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to make the name of my forum into a link. That makes it easier for my users to navigate. I couldn't however figure out to do it.

Could someone help me out? I'm using version 3.2.3.

Help is much appreciated!

Mannix_

Re: Turning header title into a link

Post by Mannix_ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 pm

I would try coping href attribute

Code: Select all

href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">
used in logo

<a id="logo" class="logo" href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span class="site_logo"></span></a>
and place it in the h1 tag that is just below it that is responsible for the site name

<h1>{SITENAME}</h1>

<h1 href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">{SITENAME}</h1>
The file to edit is overall_header.html
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.

Losovenie

Post by Losovenie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Mannix_ wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 pm
I would try coping href attribute

href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">
used in logo

<a id="logo" class="logo" href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span class="site_logo"></span></a>
and place it in the h1 tag that is just below it that is responsible for the site name

<h1>{SITENAME}</h1>

<h1 href="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{U_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{U_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->" title="<!-- IF U_SITE_HOME -->{L_SITE_HOME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_INDEX}<!-- ENDIF -->">{SITENAME}</h1>
The file to edit is overall_header.html
Thanks for the help! I do however no seem to find the overall_header file for whatever reason :( is there another file in which I could find this functionality?

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 am

Losovenie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks for the help! I do however no seem to find the overall_header file for whatever reason :( is there another file in which I could find this functionality?
Are you using the default style (prosilver) or different one? The file should be in styles/stylename/template
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.

Losovenie

Post by Losovenie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Mannix_ wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 am
Losovenie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Are you using the default style (prosilver) or different one? The file should be in styles/stylename/template
Thanks for your reply. I am currently using the MyInvision style.

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:46 pm

/styles/MyInvision/template/overall_header.html

Always edit files with a good editor like Notepad++
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.7.1.html
NEVER use the standard Windows editors like "notepad"!

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”