Add 'house' icon next to 'Board Index Text'

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Rand0mer

Add 'house' icon next to 'Board Index Text'

Post by Rand0mer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 pm

so the 'board index text' section i.e the breadcrumb doesnt support font awesome code. Ive set board index text to the word 'home' and would like a little 'home' icon to sit next to it. I image I would need to do this within overall_header?

which piece of code would I need to change?

thanks

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Add 'house' icon next to 'Board Index Text'

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm

I thought it did that by default - mine does. Perhaps it is a style issue
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Rand0mer wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 pm
so the 'board index text' section i.e the breadcrumb doesnt support font awesome code. Ive set board index text to the word 'home' and would like a little 'home' icon to sit next to it. I image I would need to do this within overall_header?

which piece of code would I need to change?

thanks

Code: Select all

fa-home fa-fw
But does that mean you want your board to show 2 home icons? as there is a home icon already before the Main website text in the breadcrumb.
Use Search Button to get Instant Results | Follow Forum Rules
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | ⟿ Visit My Forum! ⬳

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

Get The Best Web Hosting | ✔ Buy Cheap Domain Names

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 pm

as mentioned above, this happens automatically. if you set it in the admin panel board settings.
fill in the blanks.

whatever you put in for the main website text or even if you leave it blank and "home' is the default, it will apply the home icon before it and remove it from before the board index.

if yours does not do this and you are not using prosilver, then it could be a style issue.

actually, I just checked and it does it for other prosilver based styles.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Rand0mer

Post by Rand0mer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:26 pm

yes, im using ravaio theme. I though there may be another way of doing it

EA117

Post by EA117 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 pm

The FontAwesome icons will be supported where ever the CSS to support them has been provided. Indeed, simply trying to inject the correct character into the breadcrumbs isn't going to work by itself -- in ravaio style or otherwise -- if nothing is saying "the FontAwesome font needs to be used for displaying this character."

At least by looking at the live preview on themeforest, if we wanted to "do it exactly the way proSilver does it", what's missing is that the ravaio style simply doesn't have the icon ("<i>") CSS to setup to display FontAwesome-based icons. FontAwesome support is being loaded for other classes like fora-icon, but not in a way that could be applied directly to an icon within the breadcrumbs.

If I use F12 view, I can manually throw a <i class="icon fa-home fa-fw" style="font-family: FontAwesome; font-style: normal"></i> in front of the existing <span itemprop="name">Board index</span> breadcrumb to display the home icon in ravaio's style:

home.png

Look at how proSilver's /styles/prosilver/template/navbar_header.html places <i class="icon fa-home fa-fw"></i> in front of the first hard-coded breadcrumb for "home". That's presumably where you're looking to add <i class="icon fa-home fa-fw" style="font-family: FontAwesome; font-style: normal"></i> in the navbar_header.html template that ravaio style provides.

Or if you have support for the ravaio theme, talking to them might get you an even smarter solution for how to add this to their style. Since I don't actually have the theme, and can't easily see or reliably search what other classes or templates might be doing something similar.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”