New user trying to install styles

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
dxvictor

New user trying to install styles

Post by dxvictor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 pm

I unzipped a style file into the \styles directory. (elegance_3.2.7.zip). When I go to Style Management/styles or install styles -- there is nothing new shown. I just installed the latest version of phpBB today. I don't know what step I'm missing.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: New user trying to install styles

Post by thecoalman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:53 am

The directory structure should be /styles/stylelename/*, for example there is the default style /styles/prosilver/*. You should have /styles/elegance/*. Looking at the download it has sub themes like elegance_aqua, those would also go in in the styles folder.

To elaborate on the sub themes they inherit files from the base theme so if you wanted to use elegance_aqua you first need to install elegance.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:16 am

dxvictor wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 pm
I unzipped a style file into the \styles directory.
I would add that unzipping on the server can create problems in that in some cases the directory structure is not always maintained resulting in the files not being where they are expected to be. To be safe you should always unzip on your local machine and then upload the unzipped files to your server.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

wtrox

Post by wtrox » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 pm

There does seem to be a problem with installing Elegance. I unzipped, then uploaded Elegance (whole folder) to myForumFolder/styles/. I'm sure I uploaded to the correct directory as it also contains ProSilver. I verified the upload of Elegance was successful. However, when I go to the board ACP, Customize, Install Styles, I get the message "No uninstalled styles detected". I am running phpBB 3.2.7 and Elegance 3.2.7. I have also heard of others experienced this issue.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:38 pm

What's the address of your site?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

wtrox

Post by wtrox » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Unfortunately the site is registration only for our neighborhood so I can't give you direct access. Maybe dxvictor can.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Ok but my guess is you've uploaded the folder called elegance_3.2.7 instead of the folders inside that which actually have the style colours in them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

wtrox

Post by wtrox » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:32 pm

KevC - you were absolutely right. Thanks so much. I should have known better, but I have to say, great support!

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”