[4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: [DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

Post by Scanialady »

Ah! Ok - I see, I totally misinterpreted that "editor". For some reason, I assumed it was the editor for posts. File editor - ok.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

@Hanakin have you seen this?

viewtopic.php?p=15183351#p15183351

They've put together something for an ACP module which looks both fresh and stays true to phpBB. :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

Thaanks man but its unrelated to the theme development as the ACP is a lot easier to handle since its not themed. In fact we could easily purchase any admin theme and implement it. It looks like they just integrated a bootstrap admin theme there. Do not get me wrong its still quite a bit of work, but far simpler in scope
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Hanakin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm It looks like they just integrated a bootstrap admin theme there.
Written from scratch with twig/html5/css (flex)/ajax. No images.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

Hanakin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm In fact we could easily purchase any admin theme and implement it.
And break virtually every extension that there is.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

david63 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 pm
Hanakin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm In fact we could easily purchase any admin theme and implement it.
And break virtually every extension that there is.
That’s the plan anyway we are talking 4.0 here
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

An update, recently pushed out the mockup of the topics page. On the todo list still
  • Control Panel
  • Members/Team
  • Editor
  • PMs
These pages should get us to 80-90% coverage for the codings. We will then need to move on to the sub pages before finalizing everything to move on to the next stage.

I also worked up some changes to the color scheme variables based on matrials color scheme framework (primary/secondary/surface/background). It should make it far easier to theme and recolor things.
ART90

Post by ART90 »

It looks very good, quite modern. I like it, even the layout style I would prefer for a classic layout like it is now but it would be modern.
But I'm looking forward to the release, I'm pretty surprised that it took so long and it's still getting old versions.

Why do not you stop supporting earlier versions and are not just new ones ?
Can I ask if this release is real this year? Or do you have an approximate term?

How many percent of the current 100% (as far as it is done) ?

I would still like to ask if you add Emoji support (I mean, there will be an emoji bar).
Please do not add any old smileys, please emoji. :D It might also be a good rating system.
Once a new version is made, let it contain everything you need, and it does not have to be solved by other plug-ins because it's rough.

--- Oh i see this now, its looks perfect !!! And it have rating system, i love you ! :) https://blog.phpbb.com/tag/chameleon/

Thanks
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

aslo have a look at the following forum where all the development is disscussed https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforu ... b91f47d88d
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

maybe somnething we can look into https://mervick.github.io/emojionearea/
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

I know its been awhile since I have posted with an update and have not really had the chance to submit anything to the github repo. I am in the process of relocating and my time has been chaotic of late. I have been do some work on tweaking some of the components and working on some new ones.

I have been expanding on and tweaking the post component https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/jmPOwL?editors=1100 Still a work in progress.

As well as done some preliminary work on the new emoji/smile picker https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/ErBPLL?editors=0111 still have a lot of work to do on it as well.

I have also made some changes to the underlying base-l framework and release version 0.17.0. Both base-l and chameleon now have a configurable dark mode color scheme as well baked in have a look https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 86#p319986 also still a work in progress
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

well done Hanakin.
Thanks for great jobs.
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

personally, i can't stand forums that look like that and actually avoid them. so i'm hoping that it will be possible to make it look like prosilver does now.

it would also get me motivated to making a style that i had started a few years ago that changes the entire colour set depending on the time of day :D
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

Not sure specially what you mean but it will be far more flexible and easier to customize. Also ignore the appearance there is no design this is just the prototyping phase.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Hanakin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:33 pm Not sure specially what you mean but it will be far more flexible and easier to customize
what i mean is as simple as looking at the base prosilver style that comes with phpBB. will the new style/theme be able to look the same? not the colours but the layout as a whole.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”