[DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.2.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Re: [DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

Post by Hanakin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:02 am

It is standardish pagination and the overly is at the bottom of the page. Similar to how it’s done on the blizzard forums. This is just the current idea nothing is set in stone. Also this is a design library and not a theme so just swap it out for the one you want.

Andreas_B

Post by Andreas_B » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:08 am

Hi,

a threaded style wouldn't be bad.

Means, when commenting, not a whole new site is being loaded with your reply on top, and you have to scroll down to see the latest comments; but you can simply scroll up to read the last comments, while the comment you write is at the bottom of the page [under last comment] and gives you all the functions you need to customize the font, upload pictures, etc. [like forexfactory.com has it].

Thanks...

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Threaded is a love it or hate it sort of thing. Personally, if a site is using threaded I find another site.

Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:11 am

same its not something that is possible anyway with phpbb. That is a core change not a style change.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:01 am

Andreas_B wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:08 am
a threaded style wouldn't be bad.
Developing a style which would show a threaded page in a flat style shouldn't be a much of problem.
The other way: showing flat board data in a threaded way is senseless for phpBB since there is no id stored for the parent post.
The current quote system (with a link to the originating post) could be used to output a threaded view but that only works for posts made since 3.2 and isn't fool proof at all (post_ids can be edited, and post_content can be edited + quotes without origin data are also allowed).
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 am

we are getting a bit offtopic here a bit with the thread stuff...Its not going to happen and not related to the current development

Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am

Mick wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:00 am
mrgtb wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm
more users are coming on mobile devices, than there is coming on desktop PCs
And that’s a crying shame, nobody wants to compute any more, they just want to swipe.
That's not exactly true. It depends on the type of forum and especially on the age of the registered users. Most of them come to my forum with desktop computers.
My phpBB Style Board & More3.3.0-b2 StyleTBChristmas calendar (Changing style background & song in announcement)
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Quick update. Codepen has completely nerfed their app by restricting cross site requests in a weird and idiotic way. This completely breaks alot of the functionality we were relying on to test and work with the components on the site. This means that several of the components we have on there may not display perfectly.

With that said please disregard any loading issues when you check out the new reworked emoji panel (you may have to refresh the browser a few times for it to load correctly. Also due to limits on requests it is not displaying all the flag emojis.)

https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/ErBPLL?editors=1100
Screenshot 2019-12-11 10.18.07.png
Let me know what you think...Next step is to integrate it with the editor...As always its very early on in the dev process and things are subject to change once we are further along in the dev process. This is just a mock-up of the component.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles in Development”