[Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.10)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.2.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Big Monstro

[Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.10)

Post by Big Monstro »

Hello everyone,

I've updated the Legacy style, originally designed for phpBB 3.1, to support the phpBB 3.2 enhancements.

My board style for phpBB 3.2 is even more atypical than the earlier version for phpBB 3.1, because it's probably the only one based on subSilver2 (the official staff has dropped the subsilver2 support with phpBB 3.2). It's much lighter than prosilver: enjoy a blazing fast style for your boards! Moreover, older browsers support ensure a full compatibility with any computer running Windows XP or later.

Screenshots

Three color palettes are available: the default one gets a charming oldschool look and I propose two alternatives (dark and subsilver variants).

legacy.png
legacy_dark.png
legacy_subsilver2.png

Downloads links

Templates and default color palette

Legacy 1.2.9, for phpBB 3.2.9 / 3.2.10

Legacy 1.2.8, for phpBB 3.2.8

Legacy 1.2.7, for phpBB 3.2.7

Legacy 1.2.6, for phpBB 3.2.6

Legacy 1.2.5, for phpBB 3.2.5

Legacy 1.2.4, for phpBB 3.2.4

Legacy 1.2.3, for phpBB 3.2.3

Legacy 1.2.2, for phpBB 3.2.2

Alternative color palettes

Legacy 1.2.8 / 1.2.9 : dark color palette | subsilver color palette

Legacy 1.2.6 / 1.2.7 : dark color palette | subsilver color palette

Legacy 1.2.2 / 1.2.5 : dark color palette | subsilver color palette

Any comment would be appreciated 😃
Last edited by Big Monstro on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.0)

Post by Big Monstro »

Downloads links were previously broken, but they are now repaired : good download 😇
PTRACER

Post by PTRACER »

It looks incredible. Practically 100% accurate to the original, in fact!

However, it seems to be incompatible with every extension. None of them are appearing anyway.
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

Thanks for your comment, PTRACER !

What extensions did you try to use? Please note my style is based on the actual subSilver2, not proSilver. subSilver2 is not compatible with many extensions, although some can work (e.g. board announcements).

The goal of Legacy is providing a lightweight style usable everywhere (even for a Windows XP PC with an outdated browser such as IE8, IE7 or IE6) while being fully compatible with the latest phpBB revision.
PTRACER

Post by PTRACER »

mChat, Lightbox and 24 hour activity stats

Getting mChat working is the most important to me :) Lightbox too, for resizing large images. The other, not so much.

When I try to access the mChat feature in my User Profile on Legacy, I get a Server Error 500. So something is not quite right.
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

About mChat:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/mchat_extension/ wrote:Supported styles: prosilver and any style inheriting from it. If your style does not inherit from prosilver, read here (...) Unsupported styles: subsilver2
About Lightbox:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/lightbox/ wrote:Adds the Lightbox2 jQuery plugin to phpBB. It will resize images in posts to a maximum set width and display them fullscreen in an elegant Lightbox overlay effect.
Well, in fact, Legacy doesn't load jQuery library at all. It doesn't load core.js either. That's why Legacy is shipped with its own editor.js (just like styles for phpBB 3.0). The goal is lowering browser requirements (core.js of phpBB 3.2 return errors even on IE8, for example).

Perhaps that if you add jQuery and core.js in Legacy, Lightbox could work (for example, by replace the overall_footer.html by the same file from subSilver2 of phpBB 3.1.10, but you'll lose cookie notice feature. You can also edit the overall_footer.html of Legacy by copy/paste some code from subSilver2, so that you load JS libraries while keeping cookie notice feature), at the price of higher browser requirement.

EDIT: please note there exists a compatibility issue between Ligthbox and mChat, even on proSilver >>> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/176561
PTRACER

Post by PTRACER »

Okay, thanks for your support :)
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

I've updated my board style: here is Legacy 1.2.1 :D

Changelog
  • phpBB 3.2.1 support, but still fully compatible with phpBB 3.2.0 too
  • attachment-related code was rewritten, upload icons are now displayed
  • viewforum_body.html was rewritten to fix the layout of active topics
  • scrollbar for code contents wider than user's screen
  • bugfix and code optimization
That update is highly recommended for anyone using Legacy in phpBB 3.2.x

Download links

Legacy 1.2.1, for phpBB 3.2.x

Alternative stylesheet.css (subsilver color palette)
iorG19
Name: Georgian Iordache

Post by iorG19 »

You should update your first message and your topic title 😊
“Si cres en tus fuerzas, nadie te podrá derrotar”Georgian Iordache // @iorG19 (GeorgioGalben)
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.1)

Post by Big Monstro »

I've updated the topic title and edited the first post :)
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.1)

Post by Big Monstro »

Hi upstairs.

All MCP modules are available in Legacy, just like any other styles (such as the current prosilver or the older subsilver2). Your problem has nothing to do with my board style: the number of visible MCP modules depends on your moderator permissions (see the 'permissions' tab in the ACP) or module settings ('system' tab > module management).

Best regards,
Big Monstro

edit: apparently, upstairs is no longer registered on that board :(
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.2)

Post by Big Monstro »

My project isn't dead: I finally updated the Legacy style, two months after the release of phpBB 3.2.2...

Changelog
  • templates upgraded for phpBB 3.2.2
  • Localized buttons are now generated by CSS
  • New style variant: darker color palette style
  • further bugfix and code optimization
That update makes the style considerably more flexible for foreign languages: if your board isn't in English, you don't need to retrieve the old localized subsilver2 buttons from a phpBB 3.0.x language packages, sometimes causing bugs or graphical inconsistencies. Install Legacy 1.2.2 and the language package for phpBB 3.2.2 is enough. Unlike prosilver, you haven't to get any localized image anymore, not even icon_user_online.gif. Thanks to further code optimization, Legacy 1.2.2 is the lightest version ever made.

Download links

Legacy 1.2.2, for phpBB 3.2.2

Alternative stylesheet.css (subsilver color palette)

Alternative stylesheet.css (dark style color palette)
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [ABD] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.2)

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the style author has not been active recently. If the style author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Styles Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Styles Customisations Team
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [BETA] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.2)

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Unlocked topic required by the author.

Best regards.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Big Monstro

Re: Legacy (phpBB 3.2.4)

Post by Big Monstro »

Finally, I've updated Legacy to take into account the newer phpBB 3.2.x...

I've stopped the development during six months (I had other priorities) and phpBB team released three new versions at the end of the last year.

I made two newer versions of my board style, respectively for phpBB 3.2.3 and 3.2.4 (the previous public version was intended for phpBB 3.2.2).

Legacy 1.2.3, for phpBB 3.2.3

Legacy 1.2.4, for phpBB 3.2.4

Theses both versions fix some minor bugs introduced by Legacy 1.2.2 and add the modifications introduced by prosilver 3.2.3 (for Legacy 1.2.3) and 3.2.4 (for Legacy 1.2.4). They can be considered as maintenance versions, because nothing else is new compared to the previous public one.

The stylesheet.css is identical to Legacy 1.2.2, therefore you can use the same edited file to get dark or subsilver color palette.

There is currently no version for phpBB 3.2.5 because there is virtually no difference in prosilver between phpBB 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 (the template file memberlist_email.html is the only one which is somewhat different). I could release a Legacy 1.2.5 in the future, with other improvements.
You can use Legacy 1.2.4 for phpBB 3.2.5 boards.

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles in Development”