[Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.1)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.2.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Big Monstro

[Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.1)

Post by Big Monstro » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 pm

EDIT: Legacy 1.2.1, for phpBB 3.2.1, is now available (see download links)!

Hello everyone,

I've updated my Legacy style, originally designed for phpBB 3.1, to support the phpBB 3.2 enhancements.

My style for phpBB 3.2 is even more atypical than the earlier version for phpBB 3.1, because it's probably the only one based on subSilver2 (the official staff has dropped the subsilver2 support with phpBB 3.2).

Changelog
  • User experience improved: the avatars in viewtopic become clickable to view the users' profiles (just like in prosilver) + addition of some missing "mark/unmark all" and "go to page" in mcp, memberlist and ucp. Font size slightly bigger (css class "genmed" instead of "gensmall").
  • phpBB 3.2 support: new features such as clever quotes, emojis and reCAPTCHA 2.0 are supported.
  • Residual subSilver2 bugs fixed: you can again mark pm and enjoy sorting your private messages.
  • Residual bugs on older browsers fixed: minor bugs reported on IE7, Firefox 3.5 and older fixed.
  • Specific Legacy v1.1 style bugs fixed: two minor bugs were fixed (notifications and pagination).

Screenshots

Legacy style, with the default color palette (deliberately an old-school design 😉)
Legacy style sample_v1.2.1_vgacolor.png

If you don't like it, you can easily change the color palette by editing stylesheet.css 🤓
Legacy style sample_v1.2.1_subsilver.png

Download links

Legacy 1.2.1, for phpBB 3.2.x

Alternative stylesheet.css (subsilver color palette)

Any comment would be appreciated 😃
Last edited by Big Monstro on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.0)

Post by Big Monstro » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 am

Downloads links were previously broken, but they are now repaired : good download 😇

PTRACER

Post by PTRACER » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

It looks incredible. Practically 100% accurate to the original, in fact!

However, it seems to be incompatible with every extension. None of them are appearing anyway.

Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro » Mon May 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks for your comment, PTRACER !

What extensions did you try to use? Please note my style is based on the actual subSilver2, not proSilver. subSilver2 is not compatible with many extensions, although some can work (e.g. board announcements).

The goal of Legacy is providing a lightweight style usable everywhere (even for a Windows XP PC with an outdated browser such as IE8, IE7 or IE6) while being fully compatible with the latest phpBB revision.

PTRACER

Post by PTRACER » Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 am

mChat, Lightbox and 24 hour activity stats

Getting mChat working is the most important to me :) Lightbox too, for resizing large images. The other, not so much.

When I try to access the mChat feature in my User Profile on Legacy, I get a Server Error 500. So something is not quite right.

Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro » Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 am

About mChat:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/mchat_extension/ wrote:Supported styles: prosilver and any style inheriting from it. If your style does not inherit from prosilver, read here (...) Unsupported styles: subsilver2
About Lightbox:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/lightbox/ wrote:Adds the Lightbox2 jQuery plugin to phpBB. It will resize images in posts to a maximum set width and display them fullscreen in an elegant Lightbox overlay effect.
Well, in fact, Legacy doesn't load jQuery library at all. It doesn't load core.js either. That's why Legacy is shipped with its own editor.js (just like styles for phpBB 3.0). The goal is lowering browser requirements (core.js of phpBB 3.2 return errors even on IE8, for example).

Perhaps that if you add jQuery and core.js in Legacy, Lightbox could work (for example, by replace the overall_footer.html by the same file from subSilver2 of phpBB 3.1.10, but you'll lose cookie notice feature. You can also edit the overall_footer.html of Legacy by copy/paste some code from subSilver2, so that you load JS libraries while keeping cookie notice feature), at the price of higher browser requirement.

EDIT: please note there exists a compatibility issue between Ligthbox and mChat, even on proSilver >>> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/176561

PTRACER

Post by PTRACER » Mon May 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Okay, thanks for your support :)

Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm

I've updated my board style: here is Legacy 1.2.1 :D

Changelog
  • phpBB 3.2.1 support, but still fully compatible with phpBB 3.2.0 too
  • attachment-related code was rewritten, upload icons are now displayed
  • viewforum_body.html was rewritten to fix the layout of active topics
  • scrollbar for code contents wider than user's screen
  • bugfix and code optimization
That update is highly recommended for anyone using Legacy in phpBB 3.2.x

Download links

Legacy 1.2.1, for phpBB 3.2.x

Alternative stylesheet.css (subsilver color palette)

iorG19
Name: Iordache Georgian

Post by iorG19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:00 pm

You should update your first message and your topic title 😊

Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.1)

Post by Big Monstro » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm

I've updated the topic title and edited the first post :)

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles in Development”