[Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.10)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.2.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Big Monstro

Re: Legacy (phpBB 3.2.5)

Post by Big Monstro »

A new Legacy style is available, fully tested on the latest phpBB 3.2.5 (it should work with phpBB 3.2.4 too).

Legacy 1.2.5, for phpBB 3.2.5

Like its two predecessors, it can be considered as a maintenance version but the focus is different: as there is virtually no difference in prosilver between phpBB 3.2.4 and 3.2.5, the main purposes of Legacy 1.2.5 are bugfix and browser compatibility improvement. Depending on fixed bugs, the affected browsers were all or some of them, including the latest Chrome 72 or older MSIE. I didn't rush the release of Legacy 1.2.3 / 1.2.4 and these two versions didn't introduce new bugs to my knowledge but I found some issues from subsilver2 (the original base style) and earlier versions of my board style. Legacy 1.2.5 finally fixes them.
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.5)

Post by Big Monstro »

I write this message to report I am still alive :D.

I've now many other priorities, but the Legacy project is still active.

If you use phpBB 3.2.7, the latest version (for phpBB 3.2.5) should work perfectly.

If you use phpBB 3.2.6, update it, as that version is incompatible with older styles (cannot login).
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.7)

Post by Big Monstro »

I've finally updated my board style :).

Latest changes
  • phpBB 3.2.7 fully supported
  • many further tweaks and bug fixes for Chrome and older Internet Explorer
  • stylesheet.css was updated : if you use the subsilver or dark style, please update the alternative CSS file
Download links

Legacy 1.2.7, for phpBB 3.2.7

Subsilver color palette for Legacy 1.2.6+

Dark style color palette for Legacy 1.2.6+
mystya

Post by mystya »

Thank you soooooo much BigMonstro, my community really appreciates your effort to keep this project up to date and thus keep a style close to what existed in the past! :)

Merci merci merci.

Btw. Why can't I find your style on the regular customization database? Is it because it is not based on prosilver?
(And why is there another style called Legacy?
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

mystya wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pmWhy can't I find your style on the regular customization database?
Because my style doesn't meet some requirements : no responsive, no jQuery and other JS libraries loaded and not based on the prosilver's layout (therefore a limited compatibility with extensions). Meet the criterions to validate my style isn't a priority. I've made Legacy for a specific website and I later decided to make it publicly available. It perfectly works for what it was designed for : a lightweight and retrocompatible interface.
mystya wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm(And why is there another style called Legacy?
That's a complety different project made by someone else. It was intended for phpBB 3.0 and the last version was released in 2013.

I've chosen the name of my board style well before the public availability ; its name refers to the expression "legacy systems".
olalavui
Name: Bui Thanh Tung

Post by olalavui »

@Big Monstro: Can you update provide more screenshot image of themes?
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.8)

Post by Big Monstro »

I've finally updated my board style :).

Latest changes
  • phpBB 3.2.8 fully supported
  • some icons were redrawn
  • some minor tweaks
Download links

Legacy 1.2.8, for phpBB 3.2.8

Dark style color palette for Legacy 1.2.8

Subsilver color palette for Legacy 1.2.8
olalavui wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:07 amCan you update provide more screenshot image of themes?
I've just added some screenshots in the first post, from the latest Legacy style.
Visan15

Post by Visan15 »

Hello ,

Thanks Big Monstro , its possible in future to have any chat extansion for subsilver 2 ? or you know somelike ajaxchat/mchat extension or idk script ? becouse ajaxchat /mchat don't work ... and i work very hard to have a nice style but its sad becouse i don't have chat...

Thanks.
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

Hello visan15.
Visan15 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:49 pmThanks Big Monstro , its possible in future to have any chat extansion for subsilver 2 ?
Please note that topic is not about subsilver2 (although it was used to create Legacy). There are a lot of differences between the two styles.

To adress your problem, you can try an older version : I've managed to make mChat 2.0.0-RC3 functional with subsilver2 in a couple of minutes... Some other modifications will be needed to get all the features but I can chat after I've barely edited the extension... That version is the first one to be fully compatible with phpBB 3.2 and the author has already dropped subsilver2 at the time.
Visan15

Post by Visan15 »

Oh .. ok , thanks anyway .

I want to ask you something else, is it possible to put a sidebar on this version? if yes, can you help me?

EDIT : What extansions work for this version or how can i do to work extansions ? :(
Thanks.
Linda.V

Post by Linda.V »

I didn't know this nice style is back. Thanks Big Monstro.
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.9)

Post by Big Monstro »

I've updated my board style, for the latest phpBB 3.2.x.

Legacy 1.2.9, for phpBB 3.2.9

As the development team has decided to reduce the phpBB 3.2.x maintenance immediately after the release of phpBB 3.3,
there could be no further change to prosilver for phpBB 3.2.x. Legacy 1.2.9 is perhaps the latest version for phpBB 3.2,
unless a significant flaw is found. The future releases will be intended for phpBB 3.3 instead.
Big Monstro

Re: [Release] Legacy (phpBB 3.2.10)

Post by Big Monstro »

I eventually updated the Legacy style for phpBB 3.2 boards.

The updated style adresses some issues fixed by the phpBB team for prosilver ; older versions of my style are affected by these issues too:

Apart from these bugfixes, there is no change over the previous version. That new Legacy was tested on both phpBB 3.2.9 and phpBB 3.2.10.

Download revised Legacy 1.2.9, for phpBB 3.2.9 / 3.2.10

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles in Development”