[4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
RomaamoR
Name: Roman

Re: [DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

Post by RomaamoR »

But AMP is now one of the main requirements of Google. Mobile search in the output is considered to be higher than the comp.
Mobile indexing is enabled for https: //

To the owner of the site https: //

Your logs can log more visits to your site, which are performed by Googlebot in the version for optimized smartphone web pages. In addition, you may notice that descriptions in Google search results are created based on the mobile version of your content.

Basic information. Now that Googlebot's indexing and ranking also scans the mobile version of the site, it will make it easier for users of different devices (especially mobile ones) to find the right materials. Usually, Google's tools for scanning, indexing and ranking support the site version for computers. If it's different from mobile, it can be a nuisance to visitors who are looking for smartphones and tablets. As our analysis showed, the two versions of your site as a whole correspond to each other.
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

Hello Hanakin,

I hope you didn't take my comments out of place. A new default theme written from scratch is long overdue, and I'm really looking forward to your upcoming release. I also trust that whatever components you decide to include (or not include) will be for the best of the community and the majority of users out there, especially when taking into account the importance each part provides.

Being able to colour the default theme myself? +1 to that! :D
Hanakin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 pm
Everything in fact that you mentioned is there in the demo just hover and click around or look again ;)
I just looked at the main page before. I see it all now, and I'm loving it.

Thank you!
RomaamoR wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 pm I understood. You do not like to follow Google rules. :D
You should show some respect.

There's an old saying: You're either the customer or the product.

Google's service is not free. The cost to their service is having advertisements in your face and privacy stripped away. I would personally rather not have any code added from any social media site added to the software I use on my website regardless of any tangible benefits it may or may not provide. I simply don't want visitors to be tracked, monitored, advertised to, and so on. That's why I don't use any 3rd party service or software on my website.

If people want to add additional services, spyware functions, advertisements, trackers, malware, etc. on their website, then that is up to them. It does not belong in a vanilla installation of any software that is not related or associated with another company's financial interests and goals. And no, it has nothing to do with not wanting to follow a 3rd party's rules or not.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

RomaamoR wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 pm But AMP is now one of the main requirements of Google. Mobile search in the output is considered to be higher than the comp.
Mobile indexing is enabled for https: //

To the owner of the site https: //

Your logs can log more visits to your site, which are performed by Googlebot in the version for optimized smartphone web pages. In addition, you may notice that descriptions in Google search results are created based on the mobile version of your content.

Basic information. Now that Googlebot's indexing and ranking also scans the mobile version of the site, it will make it easier for users of different devices (especially mobile ones) to find the right materials. Usually, Google's tools for scanning, indexing and ranking support the site version for computers. If it's different from mobile, it can be a nuisance to visitors who are looking for smartphones and tablets. As our analysis showed, the two versions of your site as a whole correspond to each other.
AMP is something complete else as that email is talking about. What that email is talking about is that they are looking at your site from a mobile phone based standpoint. This can be done with AMP, but also by simply modifying the style of a website to be responsive or mobile first.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Nice clean theme, and I'm sure the backend improvement is vast, but In my opinion the new theme is missing content on the main page. A list of forums is boring. What should be emphasized on the main page is the content.

For example xenforo what's new page, ipb promoted content, Reddit list of subjects or Facebook list of new statuses
If you look at Facebook the groups themselves are almost hidden . While i despise Facebook culture they are still the most successful community site. They put content front and centre.
The same for Reddit and other forums software

So this should be the big step forward for a new generation of phpbb themes in my opinion, from a UI point of view. Content is King, better way to list the forums (structure of site, not it's content) is meaningless...
The new theme should put the activity that will lure in the users, both automatically (recent/popular posts) and manual (promoted)
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

we are working one component at a time ;) We are not done this is a very early demo...
RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

As I understand you all the same as the search engine Google says. You are on your wave. Lizh would be beautiful.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Hey, the new redesign does look nice from the pictures.
RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Paul wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:13 am This can be done with AMP, but also by simply modifying the style of a website to be responsive or mobile first.
And what, it is impossible in the style to install the function that prescribes the AMP ba to the domain? And what's the problem with the transition from mobile devices. For a long time already there is an extension from Anvar
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Excellent news. We've been long overdue a decent base framework for a long time.

New design looks perfect for what it needs to achieve. Sadly I can't contribute due to business commitments, but I'll be watching closely, and wish you the best of luck :)
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

It's looking good!

I would like to emphasize one thing though. It seems currently oriented towards tablet and mobile users, which is fine, as that is where the internet is heading. Though, even on phones, I like to see as much information as comfortably as possible. Xbox/windows phone like blocks just aren't the best IMO when it comes to that.

Edit: in note this is just towards one of the images, the rest of it isn't blocky
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

it's not based on windows blocks it's actually based on google material design and cards. Which is a major design UI component being used everywhere in all libraries? It is actually a far better UI experience that you can also change it to rows if you wish. The emphasis is not on mobile but instead designed properly starting with mobile. It's called mobile first development/design. Its a highly powerful industry standard and along with that comes the best way of handling responsive design which is to progressively add more features as the design is scaled up. Each element is scrutinized to determine its full use/benefits at the beginning for mobile. As more release becomes available less crucial elements that provide less benefit can be shown. That is how mobile design works.

However, this is not the only theme you can choose from this is just the base theme that is being designed in such a way to make it far simpler and more powerful, to create new and unique themes from. This is just the base theme.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I am excited to see how you'll implement js, whichever framework you choose if any. I haven't gone into the css at all, are forums always going to be in two columns, or are they stacked like flexboxes?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

It’s a flex box grid so 1-2 by default depending on size of device. 2 is probably the max you will want given some of the other ideas I have for the theme. You can also easily switch them to rows. They work just like bootstrap cards with a column wrapper that controls how to display them so toggling this class changes the appearance.

We are still deciding on the ja and really it’s not something that I can fully flush out until we nail down the file structure which is something I am looking at now.
VaelVictus

Post by VaelVictus »

Just came here to express interest and gratitude in Chameleon and v4.0. Integration is very important to me, so I hope that both 4.0 and Chameleon will slide onto my software like a warm post-dryer sock.
zag2me

Post by zag2me »

Looking fantastic, just wanted to request an easy way to change the primary colour scheme be designed into it.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”