IOVO - a threat to the current internet?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
tojag
Name: Gregory

IOVO - a threat to the current internet?

Post by tojag »

Polish team work on new project IOVO.
It is a blockchain that allows you to securely store information, as well as download micropayments for sharing our data.
If it succeeds and spreads, people will not want to publish anything online. It can be a threat to big companies like FB or G but also for Internet forums.
I wonder how it will end, whether it will spread and how it will work.
If everyone wants to pay for posts, it will be interesting.
What do you think about it?
Last edited by Mick on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
AmigoJack

Re: IOVO - a threat to the current internet?

Post by AmigoJack »

over it's monetisation
That's as much as I need to read - if people can't distinguish something as easy as "it is" from "its" then chances are their design is equally flawed. It's just another pyramid scheme, as it is with bitcoins, I suppose.
tojag

Post by tojag »

Rather, I'm afraid if someone will want to answer for free any question in the forum, if IOVO gets a reward for it. Now, the content of posts written on forums can be earned by the owners by placing ads.
We'll see what happens :)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Don't sign up for it then. Problem solved. Move on.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
tojag

Post by tojag »

You did not understand. I am worried about the decline in the number of people wanting to write on forums. Just as it happened when FB, Twitter, etc. This could be another very competitive platform, especially attracting content creators.
Regards
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Don't know about others, but i would rather read a book, then pay for a content, that may not be even readable. One of my friend is using something similar, but it's not that easy to earn, you need customers for that (marketing/promoting biz).
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

In my opinion, FB and twitter are entirely different environments to forums. This site would not work on either of them for instance. Forums seem to be doing fine. I know mine are.

Don't worry about it. If you have a site that's popular, just enjoy it. If your audience decides to go somewhere else, it's hard to stop them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Holger

Post by Holger »

As long as FB-users think FB is the internet we dont have to worry about anything but humanity.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I think all potential fb users should have to serve a six month apprenticeship using only DOS + assembler lessons, if they still want to join fb they can have a month on Windows v2.10 + classes on the correct use of file manager and mouse and keyboard skills. After that, if they still want to join, they’re a lost case.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
tojag

Post by tojag »

The ideology of this project "Your data belongs to You. You decide to reveal, share and monetise it".
I am afraid that if an appropriate platform for the publication of such content arises, it will kill not only the forums but also the FB. Unless FB changes to be competitive. For sure, after the creation of FB, the share of forums in the market decreased. People writes on FB groups than on forums.
Curiosity - Brittany Kaiser, former director of Cambidge Analytica, was involved to the project before the FB scandal;)
Holger

Post by Holger »

The cause and idea is very good. Why let companies earn billions with YOUR data, knowledge and information?!
BUT, people are already so used to getting everything for free that this wont work in any way.
Newspapers are trying to convert from paper to paid online-subscriptions and that wont work either.

Return to “General Discussion”