Depends on what I want to do.
- PhotoFiltre 7 http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/pf7-en.htm
- Power Point (especially for geometric images this works quite well. Or if you want to change something in an existing picture, where certain points have to be at the same place)
- Photo Scape (There it has many frames and Borders and other picture effects. The filter Vigniette with 10 possibilities, is sometimes also quite useful. With a few frames you can also create elevated buttons for the forum style)
- Gimp (But I haven't quite got it under control yet.
- quite rare paint.net
- Pixilion Bildkonverter (to compress the pictures)
I would like to have Corel Draw but it is too expensive for me. In former times I had always used this program.